• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jbryan

jbryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:50 PM

Anybody know why the pay version of Malwarebytes found over 2000 infected items, but the free version only found 4??? I find that hard to believe. As far as I was told, the only difference was the pay version does some automatic things and or real time protection but the scans should find the same thing. Full scan was done with both versions.

#2 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

Anybody know why the pay version of Malwarebytes found over 2000 infected items, but the free version only found 4??? I find that hard to believe. As far as I was told, the only difference was the pay version does some automatic things and or real time protection but the scans should find the same thing. Full scan was done with both versions.

There are only two possible reasons:

1. You got infected with something new in between scanning with the free and paid versions.

2. An update was added in between scanning with the free and paid versions that allowed MBAM to detect what you already had.

There is no difference in the scanning engines in the free and paid versions. They are the same piece of software, and no on-demand scanning features are locked down without a license.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

#3 tomn

tomn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

I have the free version 1.32 and I would also be interested in hearing if the scans for each are different?

#4 tomn

tomn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

Whoops you beat me to it GT500. As long as I gotcha hear..... I currently have the 1.32 version of malwarebytes, will I get the latest fixes that are on 1.33 version but just doing an update or will I have to uninstall 1.32 and download and install 1.33?

#5 GT500

GT500

Mostly Cantankerous

• Trusted Advisors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

Whoops you beat me to it GT500. As long as I gotcha hear..... I currently have the 1.32 version of malwarebytes, will I get the latest fixes that are on 1.33 version but just doing an update or will I have to uninstall 1.32 and download and install 1.33?

Either way will typically work fine. Normally you only have to go through an uninstall and reinstall if there is a problem.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users