Sad News Regarding a Valued Team Member -- Matt Russo

• Root Admin

We are all truly saddened to bring you news that a valued member of our team, Matt Russo "aka SpySentinel" has passed away this past week. We have been in direct contact with Matt’s family and out of respect for the family’s privacy have refrained from posting publicly and providing more details until now. Matt was a fantastic employee, team member and an enthusiastic promoter of Malwarebytes and a key contributor to the Malware Removal community.

He will truly be missed by the entire Malwarebytes team and by you, our community. Your thoughtfulness and condolences are appreciated by the family as well as the entire Malwarebytes team. The family has also requested privacy during this period of grieving and we intend on honoring their wishes and the memory of Matt. We all appreciate your continued support and understanding during this difficult time.

I, too, was deeply saddened and shocked to learn that Matt had passed away.

I will remember with great fondness his expertise, his professionalism, and his kindness towards everyone here in the MBAM community.

May a lifetime of cherished memories somehow ease the unbearable grief for his family, friends, loved ones, and colleagues.

With most sincere condolences at this painful time,

daledoc1

A tragic loss at such a young age with so much to look foward to.

Although I did not know Matt, I am sure he will be missed by Family, Friends and those that are close to him.

Loss is never easy, you will be missed - Matt but *never* forgotten.

Matt was one of those guys who really didn't have a bad bone in his body, just a good person through and through.

He had been a malware remover for many years, but had recently switched majors from IT to Education as he wanted

to become a teacher. He was also a BIG Star Trek fan. :)

We all miss him deeply.