Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60 released

• Root Admin

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60

Our entire team has been working endless nights to bring you this release before the end of the year! I'm very excited to be able to announce this release and we hope you enjoy it!

DOWNLOAD: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_pro

Alternatively, you may also click the Check for Updates button on the Update tab of the software.

Some highlights of the new release include:

• Malwarebytes Chameleon technology:
    Gets Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running even when blocked by infection.
  • Incremental updates (paid version only):
    Smaller updates let you stay up-to-date faster! We've also improved the reliability and performance of the overall update process for all users.
  • Ability to password protect key program settings (paid version only):
    Let only those you trust change settings.
  • All trials have been reset:
    We want everyone to have a chance to experience the full functionality of this release for 14 days. This will occur within one day of the release.
  • The database has been optimized:
    It is now smaller and more efficient. There are fewer fingerprints, but that's because we consolidated many fingerprints into one. This will also occur within one day of the release.

and much more! Please see our release notes for additional details.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

This post is specifically for those who have had your trial expire in a previous version of MBAM.

To take full advantage of the trials being reset:

• Remove MBAM via mbam-clean. Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • Install the latest version of MBAM: 1.60 from HERE.
  • Start the trial and experience all PRO features.

If you have any questions please feel free to post.

Thank you very much.

Hello ioni,

The setup will 'remember' your latest installation language choice. It will then default to that language on an installation.

If this is different from what you did please let me know the steps you performed to get this issue.

Thank you.

Thank you guys. Update ran smoothly from MBAM updater; However, It downloaded a small update, 5.8 MB, first. Then downloaded, I guess 1.60, 10.3 MB. Installed it. Asked me for a reboot. Then it says that my MBAM was outdated 2 days. It was weird since it was updated already. Asked me if I wanted to update, and of course I said yes, and now everything seems OK.

Thanks again. You have a great prog that I always recomend.

• Root Admin

Thank so much !

run smooth so far :)

how to set password protection via command prompt or could you provide batch ?

From the included help file for information about the password feature.

/setpassword sets or changes the password to access certain features of the product.

Examples:

/setpassword <password> sets the password to "password"

/setpassword <oldpassword> <newpassword> changes the password to "newpassword"

/clearpassword <password>: removes the password.

Example:

/clearpassword password removes all password protection if the password was "password"

Quick question though, what is the difference between build date (that can be seen when u click about on Mbam) and current database information? I'm confused :(

Build date corresponds to point 11 of the improvements : "Program version release date now displayed on About tab" ... ;)