Pum.Disabled.SecurityCenter

I was able to partially replicate your results using the exclusions.dat file you provided. I found that if I updated the database and then immediately performed a scan, the item in your Ignore List was detected even though it should not have been.

If I closed the scanner after the update and re-opened it and then did my scan, the item was not detected any longer, meaning it was then ignored as it should be.

Has this been your experience as well? What I mean is, after you perform an update, if you close and then re-open the scanner and then do your scan, is the item still detected even though it is in your Ignore List?

I did an update today and did a scan and the PUM file (Category: Registry Value

Item: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center/UpdatesDisableNotify) still shows after the scan. It is also in the IGNORE section. Results the same on both of my computers.

You are doing your best to discourage someone who has registered on here to help you; and you alone. But since I have even-bothered - and if you can even be bothered to read my replies - I shall try for one last time.

You are confusing the issue with problems from more than one computer.

My first reply - to you - was in-answer to your problem which you stated directly-above my response to your problem:

You said: "The same thing is happening on my other WinXP computer. We also cannot procede with the scan after it shows this PUM "threat," and therefore we have to click on EXIT. And then, the scan is not saved in the LOGS section."

By pressing "EXIT" you are not pressing the correct buttons (in this case; and for the problem on this-computer-alone).

If the English-word "tick" is troublesome for you; let me try-again using an English-to-English(us) dictionary:

Uncheck the box to the left of "PUM.Disabled...." in the picture that you uploaded on page 1;

then check the box again;

then click on "Ignore";

then click on "Remove Selected" (a pop-up will appear);

then click on "ok" (on this pop-up);

then click on "Exit" (to exit the program).

I only came on-here; only registered; and only replied; because I had this very-same-problem. I won't reply again.

You are doing your best to discourage someone who has registered on here to help you; and you alone. But since I have even-bothered - and if you can even be bothered to read my replies - I shall try for one last time.

You are confusing the issue with problems from more than one computer.

My first reply - to you - was in-answer to your problem which you stated directly-above my response to your problem:

You said: "The same thing is happening on my other WinXP computer. We also cannot procede with the scan after it shows this PUM "threat," and therefore we have to click on EXIT. And then, the scan is not saved in the LOGS section."

By pressing "EXIT" you are not pressing the correct buttons (in this case; and for the problem on this-computer-alone).

If the English-word "tick" is troublesome for you; let me try-again using an English-to-English(us) dictionary:

Uncheck the box to the left of "PUM.Disabled...." in the picture that you uploaded on page 1;

then check the box again;

then click on "Ignore";

then click on "Remove Selected" (a pop-up will appear);

then click on "ok" (on this pop-up);

then click on "Exit" (to exit the program).

I only came on-here; only registered; and only replied; because I had this very-same-problem. I won't reply again.

Hello obo123,

Typically we request users to create their own posts as it will be easier to keep track of you. No two systems are exactly the same so care has to be taken to ensure everyone gets their system working the way they wish it to.

Helping two users in one topic can be confusing to the helper/person being helped and to help keep track I recommend opening a topic for yourself.

Thank you for your assistance and if you ever need help please do not hesitate to create a new topic describing your issue and a friendly forum helper will be glad to assist.

I did an update today and did a scan and the PUM file (Category: Registry Value

Item: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center/UpdatesDisableNotify) still shows after the scan. It is also in the IGNORE section. Results the same on both of my computers.

Hello alicez,

Please follow these steps:

Launch MBAM.

Update MBAM's database via the update tab.

Close MBAM.

Launch MBAM.

Select quick scan.

If the item comes up that you wish to ignore, please highlight the item, then click the 'Ignore' button.

Then click the button 'Remove Selected'. (If the contents of the scanner after you ignored the item is empty a prompt should be displayed. "No items left to remove.")

Please then close the scanner.

Going forward, just for now.

Launch MBAM. Update the database. Close MBAM. Launch MBAM. Then perform a scan.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you very much.

Hello alicez,

Launch MBAM.

Close MBAM.

Launch MBAM.

Select quick scan.

If the item comes up that you wish to ignore, please highlight the item, then click the 'Ignore' button.

Then click the button 'Remove Selected'. (If the contents of the scanner after you ignored the item is empty a prompt should be displayed. "No items left to remove.")

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.

#1- vWhen I click on th e"Ignore" and then click on the "Remove," what does the "Remove" do?

#2- I am afraid to click "Remove: because I thought it would change/delete something in my Windows Security Control area (eg: change the way security center alearts me). Or "Remove" something from my Refistry!

#3- I still want the "Automatic Updates" to be UNchecked.

#4- Will using the "Remove" in MB change anything in my Security Center? Or does it just change something in MB (regarding notifying every time after a scan of this PUM "threat)?

Please advise.

I have the sam problem with the latest version of MBAM . If I update MBAM and after re-open it and scan , it will ignore the ignore rules ( Security Center ) .

Please fix it , `cuase it`s annoying . :rolleyes:

I really believe you should post your own thread rather than adding it onto mine. I am getting email notifications when you post and it is not an answer to my specific question.

I really believe you should post your own thread rather than adding it onto mine. I am getting email notifications when you post and it is not an answer to my specific question.

I really believe you don`t know how a forum works . Here we write about the same problems , in the same topics . It would be chaos if everyone would open a new topic for the same issue .This is not your private space , sorry . If you want to chat alone with a MBAM employee, feel free to open a suport ticket ... until then I`ll kiss you while I walk .

I really believe you don`t know how a forum works . Here we write about the same problems , in the same topics . It would be chaos if everyone would open a new topic for the same issue .This is not your private space , sorry . If you want to chat alone with a MBAM employee, feel free to open a suport ticket ... until then I`ll kiss you while I walk .

I do know how this forum works. If you are so smart, why didn't you read thread #28 from the Administrator?

"Typically we request users to create their own posts as it will be easier to keep track of you. No two systems are exactly the same so care has to be taken to ensure everyone gets their system working the way they wish it to.

Helping two users in one topic can be confusing to the helper/person being helped and to help keep track I recommend opening a topic for yourself.

Thank you for your assistance and if you ever need help please do not hesitate to create a new topic describing your issue and a friendly forum helper will be glad to assist."

Now do you understand? (You didn't even mention your operating system, etc. Next time don't be so sarcastic.)

Hello alicez,

Launch MBAM.

Close MBAM.

Launch MBAM.

Select quick scan.

Thank you very much.

I did as you suggested and still the PUM shows as a "Threat" after running a Full Scan today (which I do once a week) - even though it is still showing in the IGNORE area.

Doesn't appear to save a log either (when doing full scan) when detecting this PUM "threat."

Why is this happening, over and over again?

This is really getting frustrating!

Hello alicez,

Please Scan using MBAM.

I assume the result looks something like this:

post-60618-0-33499500-1326238282.png

Click 'Show Results'

Please click 'Save Log'.

post-60618-0-81802500-1326238282.png

The default name is fine within the default folder location. Click Save.

post-60618-0-64772300-1326238284.png

Please click 'Ignore'

The scanner should then look empty like below, please click 'Remove Selected'

post-60618-0-23805900-1326238283.png

You should receive a prompt stating you have no items left to remove.

post-60618-0-66944400-1326238283.png

Within your Ignore list you should see the registry value.

post-60618-0-17845400-1326238284.png

Please let me know this is accurate.

Thank you.

Hello adi_bun,

Please read my post HERE.

Working on fixes for 2-4 systems for similar issues is not only confusing for the 2-4 users being helped within one topic, but it is more difficult to give precise instruction to one user and keep track within only one topic while assisting 2-3+ others.

If you would like to discuss this further please private message me.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Hello alicez,

Please Scan using MBAM.

I assume the result looks something like this:

post-60618-0-33499500-1326238282.png

Click 'Show Results'

Please click 'Save Log'.

The default name is fine within the default folder location. Click Save.

post-60618-0-64772300-1326238284.png

Please click 'Ignore'

The scanner should then look empty like below, please click 'Remove Selected'

post-60618-0-23805900-1326238283.png

You should receive a prompt stating you have no items left to remove.

post-60618-0-66944400-1326238283.png

Within your Ignore list you should see the registry value.

post-60618-0-17845400-1326238284.png

Please let me know this is accurate.

Thank you.

Yes. The only thing not done was the "Save Log." As I said, after the full scan, the PUM "threat" shows again and I don't believe a log was saved, at least I did not see one in the "Log" section.. I clicked the "IGNORE" and then the "REMOVE SELECTED" (which was no longer showing after I did the "IGNORE).

I hope this can be fixed because I have been using MB for many, many years and would hate to have to uninstall.

Thank you.

(This is happening on my desktop (WinXP) and on my Acer netbook (WinXP). Exact same thing with the PUM being in IGNORE and then showing up again after a full scan.)

Ok, so with the item in your ignore list.

Please open MBAM and launch a scan.

Let me know if you still get that item in your scan log. If that is the case. Please save the log. Please zip up and attach the scan log and your exclusions.dat file in your next response.

Thank you.

Ok, so with the item in your ignore list.

Please open MBAM and launch a scan.

Let me know if you still get that item in your scan log. If that is the case. Please save the log. Please zip up and attach the scan log and your exclusions.dat file in your next response.

Thank you.

Posted a reply to above post, but looks like it did not post.

Your= "Please save the log. Please zip up and attach the scan log and your exclusions.dat file in your next response."

I just ran another scan and PUM does still show. I clicked on the SAVE, but I cannot find that (1/10/2012) Save Log! When I clicked on the SAVE a small box popped up and I hit OK and I thought it was saved, but apparently it wasn't saved.

(Doing all these scans is really taking up a lot of my time.)

If I did find it, I would not know how to do what you request: "Please zip up and attach the scan log and your exclusions.dat file in your next response."

I sent a zip (I believe) of previous "exclusions.dat file" previously in this thread. Did you see that?

I am really confused as I hope you can imagine, because this is all new to me.

Hello alicez,

I appreciate the speediness of your replies.

Since the PUM still shows in your scan result I will need the scan log and the exclusions.dat file you use after you add the PUM to ignore.

Please create a folder on the desktop and entitle it: MBAM Files

When you click Save. Please change the save directory to your desktop. (that way it will be easy to find the log file)

Once that is finished, let's get the .dat file.

Open the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Within that folder you'll find a file called exclusions. Right-click on the file and select Copy. Close the folder and open up the MBAM Files folder you just created, then right-click within the folder and choose Paste.

Right-click on the log file from the scan and select Copy. open up the MBAM Files folder you just created, then right-click within the folder and choose Paste.

Once that is done, right-click on the MBAM Files folder now located on your destkop and hover your mouse over Send to and choose Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the file to your next post by using the Add Reply button. You'll see a Browse... button below where it says Attachments. Browse to your desktop and double-click on the MBAM Files zip folder you created in the previous step and click the blue Attach This File button. Once you're done, click Add Reply and the file will be attached to your post.

Thank you.

Hello alicez,

I appreciate the speediness of your replies.

Since the PUM still shows in your scan result I will need the scan log and the exclusions.dat file you use after you add the PUM to ignore.

Please create a folder on the desktop and entitle it: MBAM Files

When you click Save. Please change the save directory to your desktop. (that way it will be easy to find the log file)

Once that is finished, let's get the .dat file.

Open the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Within that folder you'll find a file called exclusions. Right-click on the file and select Copy. Close the folder and open up the MBAM Files folder you just created, then right-click within the folder and choose Paste.

Right-click on the log file from the scan and select Copy. open up the MBAM Files folder you just created, then right-click within the folder and choose Paste.

Once that is done, right-click on the MBAM Files folder now located on your destkop and hover your mouse over Send to and choose Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the file to your next post by using the Add Reply button. You'll see a Browse... button below where it says Attachments. Browse to your desktop and double-click on the MBAM Files zip folder you created in the previous step and click the blue Attach This File button. Once you're done, click Add Reply and the file will be attached to your post.

Thank you.

Is this (attached file) what you wanted?

P.S. My friend told me there is a setting in - Settings/Scan Settings where you can set "PUM" to be NOT shown. Would that be something I should check/uncheck so the PUM does not keep showing when I run a (full) scan? Or is that something I should NOT be checking/unchecking? Please advise.

MBAM.zip