Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest BlairWitch

(KB2656353) windows update problem

8 posts in this topic

Hello. I have this problem with the microsoft update (KB2656353) Which is a patch to the microsoft framework. The autoupdate cant install that patch. I also tried to disable all security software and manually installing the update but it did not work. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. I have tried to search the answer from google but without any good result...

Seems that a lot of people are having this problem.

Try installing or reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=33

Reboot then try installing the KB2656353 update again.

If that fails, you'll have to uninstall the .NET Framework 1.1 and

reinstall it again.

Thanks. I installed the service pack then rebooted and then ran the windows update and now it's working.

Im having the same issue,

Friend has an XP laptop (SP3) sent me this message:

"this update has been on my computer every day and when I try to download it this is the message I get: Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86"

Using Teamviewer i logged in to her system and reset windows update components using the MS fixit tool, and then downloaded the update and tried to install it manually, with that i get this:

(KB2656353) unable to be installed the feature you are trying to use is on network resource that is unavailable...

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\

if i cancel i get a popup that says:

Error 1706 No valid source could be found for product Microsoft .NET framework 1.1. The windows installer cannot continue.

I uninstalled .NET 1.1 and tried to install it from a download and directly from MS( run, not save) and got a similar error indicating a resource wasn't available it was looking for a FP7tmp.tmp file ( or something like that)

Did a system restore back to a couple days, so back at square "1" so to speak.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

but reinstalling the service pack doesnt work, i get the following whe i try to "run":

gayle.png

when i close out those boxes, i get another box that says something about the installation source for the product is not available..

ok, was lead to a link that helped resolve the issue:

Give this pages a try and see if they work I would try the first link, I was having this same problem and i believe that the first link fixed it for me using the .net cleanup tool. scroll down to method 2 you will find a link there for the tool

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

this so reminds me ot the ,net framework horros i think a lot of pps faced somewhere back arout 2007.

think the last resort at that time was araron stebner's .net framework cleanup tool.

glad you all seem to have got a fix as the .net framework can be a real pita at times when updates fail.