Corp License > Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition

Currently part of a company that has purchased many corporate licenses of malwarebytes. We have been waiting for the management console to manage all the client that are now installed in our environment.

1. When is a centralized management console going to be released?

2. Where we already have corporate licenses will we need to purchase a different license when it is released?

3. Will there be a client upgrade that will need to take place?

Management console will help us keep our clients updated and always protected by having scheduled scans. Currently managing a large number clients is getting out of control with out centralized solution.

• Root Admin

Hello Trep

You really need to stay in contact with Sales regarding MEE.

Though we do try to provide updates and information regarding MEE here, the forum site is mainly geared towards consumer support.

You can send an email to corporate@malwarebytes.org and they should be able to assist you with questions regarding MEE.

Please make sure you have both of the following email addresses in your Safe Sender list in email so that a reply can reach you.

malwarebytes.org

and

salesforce.com

Thank you

I do understand that this is consumer forums. It would be nice to have a better update on the MEE software. We try to contact corp support but the answers are not detailed. When can we expect the enterprise version? Why can my questions not be answered on the consumer forums? I feel all posts regarding these issues are not answered. When will the corp forums be open?

I feel malwarebytes is the best malware software out there for home users. I do not see why it is so diffuclt to keep enterprise customers happy. I understand there is the corporate version but the support is horrible. Being able to connect with other corporate users would be a huge help if you guys are not going to give the type of answers we need to use your product. When I have purchased 2500 plus licenses, its diffucult to not get good answers for you guys. The forum is full of users saying the same thing. The last update for MEE was almost a year ago. A great screenshot was posted that looks amazing. I am very excited for the verison to come out but can not get a solid date from you guys.

Tryign to manage all of my clients is nearly impossible. I am havign to run scheduled tasks and batch files to keep PCs updated as I can not have malwarebytes doing whatever it wants on all my comptuers, I need control.

This is a consumer forum but that does not mean you can not answer my questons on here as there is no corporate forum. The same answer is given over and over: contact corporate support by e-mail. You guys are all the same and I know that the same person answrring consumer questions is the same person answering corporate questions. Please give me some true answers. I purchased the product thinking the management console would be ready shortly after. It has now been over a year and I am being frowned upon by my company for purchasing the product now. They are ready to throw it out the door as we have no control or reporting of what is going on in our corportation.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I would also liek to talk with other corporate users to discuss these issues I have and to see how other users are dealing with no central location to manage all clients.

• Root Admin

Since you did not post with your corporate email address I cannot look up your information but I can assure you that corporate support is very pro-active in responding to any support issues and very few tickets go beyond a few hours before there is a response from support and often withing minutes.

This is not a support issue, it is a request about a future product that is in development. From a support point of view all I can say is that it is currently out in the public corporate undergoing beta testing. There will not be a consumer public beta testing of the product as it is not for consumer use. Only sales can assist you with possibly becoming a beta tester.

If you're having issues managing the current product please create a support ticket and we will assist you in managing the product within its current limitations. We have quite a few corporate customers that have written their own customized scripting to obtain the reporting you're talking about. Rushing the product out the door not working properly would not do you or anyone else any good.

Corporate Support

Please also include the following when contacting support.

Cleverbridge Order Reference Number:

Organization name:

Approved Contact name:

Thank you.

Hey Trep and Rgabbard we will send along your recommendation for a Corporate Forum. We have in the past shied away from doing that so users do not post sensitive security setups/infrastructure about their businesses. However it would probably be very helpful so will see what we can do. Also have you looked at Spiceworks? Lots of Malwarebytes corporate users over there and from what I have seen of the platform it looks really cool.

As for MEE it really hurts we can't say much yet but it's very close. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Since it's so difficult to get Corporate support information from MB, a forum that connect corporate users would be very useful indeed. It seems to me that MB doesn't want us to easily manage their product - maybe there's too much chance the "free" version could then be used in a commercial environment. Sure, I can write them, provide an "order number" (which I don't have) then wait a day or so for a very brief reply - that's not support...

For me, this product is effective enough, and priced reasonably enough, that I have no desire to mess with the terms of the license - there's enough value in the product to pay and do it legally.

However, a bit of help from MB would be nice, or from other users.

I'd like to be able to manage it with scripting, using my Remote Monitoring & Management product. I'd like to know how MBAM writes to the system, either in the Event Log or in WMI or whatever. I'd like to script its installation, either in a domain or in a peer-to-peer network. I'd like to be able to configure its installation on one system, then push that configuration out somehow to all systems (ESET and Symantec accomodate that). Frankly, I'd like for it to be installed on all my clients' systems. Having said that, I wish MB would help make all that possible.

I'm sure a management console would be a good thing for a company wanting to manage their own MBAM installations, but I'd like to use the console I laready have to manage MBAM for ALL my clients.

• Root Admin
Since it's so difficult to get Corporate support information from MB

Corporate support handles most support inquires in under an hour and we will provide anyone with a valid license the requested information. No, we won't write scripts for you but we can and do answer questions regarding items you've asked in your comments here

Sure, I can write them, provide an "order number" (which I don't have) then wait a day or so for a very brief reply - that's not support...

Well that sort is an issue. No other company I'm aware of is going to provide you support when you don't license their product.

For me, this product is effective enough, and priced reasonably enough, that I have no desire to mess with the terms of the license - there's enough value in the product to pay and do it legally. However, a bit of help from MB would be nice, or from other users.

Yes there can be some value perhaps but having Managed support for a while now I can tell you that you will get a lot of well intended but bad advice that could actually cause you problems.

I'd like to be able to manage it with scripting, using my Remote Monitoring & Management product.

Well I'm not sure what product you're using but we already do provide MSP versions of the software that are integrated with some remote management products such as Kaseya.

I'd like to know how MBAM writes to the system, either in the Event Log or in WMI or whatever.

We don't currently write to the Event Logs, we only write to our own logs which is documented. In a rare case where high disk IO is preventing a physical log write then we will try to write that error condition to the Event Logs

I'd like to script its installation, either in a domain or in a peer-to-peer network.

Again, if you have purchased Corporate licensing we already do and have provided such support to our Corporate customers.

I'd like to be able to configure its installation on one system, then push that configuration out somehow to all systems (ESET and Symantec accomodate that). Frankly, I'd like for it to be installed on all my clients' systems. Having said that, I wish MB would help make all that possible. I'm sure a management console would be a good thing for a company wanting to manage their own MBAM installations, but I'd like to use the console I laready have to manage MBAM for ALL my clients.

There is a product in development that will do all of that in an automated fashion. It was in internal beta for a long time and is now currently out with many selected public beta testers to help it get ready for a production release. Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition preview http://forums.malwar...showtopic=74833

Thank you

• 1 month later...

I had similar issues and am very excited for the new console version. I will also add that Labtech RMM can do everything and then some in managing malwarebytes. The biggest problem has been MWB writes most things to log files on the machines, but with Labtech you can run scheduled queries to parse these files and keep in touch with whats going on. You can also run forced scheduled updates and read the update version via Labtech, which is what my company is doing already. It works really well, but a centralized console will help even more.