Anvisoft Smart Defender

spectre

Thank you for your comments on our software :P

and thank you ShyWriter for your Global moderator Application but at this time

we are fully staffed ,

Maybe as a representative of your software you could address some of the points mentioned in this thread.

You obviously have a new product that is an unknown entity. The web site is in its infancy and the Beta does not do updates.

Please indicate what the product targets such as if it targets; scripted exploits, trojanized/patched files, MBR code, TDLFS, file infecting viruses, ability to scan Archive file types including malicious CHM files, etc.

Your reply would be greatly apprciated.

Smart Defender is no longer in beta it is now in RC since January 22, 2012

I am not here as a representative of Anvsoft

Smart Defender is targeting some of the above mostly trojanized/patched files at the moment

Our product is ony starting and our data base will grow in time.

As I am not on the Development Team

I will request one of the Anvsoft Development Team to awnser your questions indepth David H lipman.

Thank you for your comments on our software :P

and thank you ShyWriter for your Global moderator Application but at this time

we are fully staffed ,

You're welcome.. I try to volunteer assistance to those Forums that seem to need grownup help. :P

"If nominated I would not run; if elected I would not serve..." :D:lol::D:lol:

Steve

Rats , your a Moderator there, so why not tell us where the Anvisoft Company is located. If you can do that it would be great. Or if you yourself do not know please find out that information from contacts there. Most Companies have those details listed at their website, for example http://www.malwarebytes.org/company Thank You

Registrant:

Anvei Technology Co., LTD

Moor Building ST Fremont. U.S.A

Fremont, California 94538

American Samoa

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: NXEE.COM

Created on: 04-Aug-10

Expires on: 04-Aug-17

Last Updated on: 13-Oct-11

Administrative Contact:

Technology Co., LTD, Anvei anvisoftceo@gmail.com

American Samoa

+1.5107839288

Technical Contact:

Technology Co., LTD, Anvei anvisoftceo@gmail.com

American Samoa

+1.5107839288

Many start-up companies these days are virtual; i.e., It may consist of tele-programmers, support, staff and so forth. They may not have a physical address; and one of the many attributes of the internet/WWW is there doesn't have to be one. Note the business phone # is located in (conflicting info; says American Samoa in WHOIS but area code 510 is in Continental US?? This MAY mean the CEO's phone is a cell or satellite device registered in US) but it's physical staff could be located worldwide.

Steve

Edited by ShyWriter

good one ShyWriter but you need to change name to ConfidentWriter I think that fits you much better. i also think you need to run for political office geez , why limit yourself with the way things are going they need all the "grownup help" that it appears you can offer. great comment ;) plus thanks for detailson Anvisoft. i agree workforce probably world wide. bu tlook at the chinese symbol in center of my anvisoft , http://www.anvisoft.com/about/about.html

Honestly, i do not trust Cnet and a few others. What does it take for them to host a product? Testing on their part? I doubt that as they have had failed or questionable applications available for download on their site. Iobit is still there and highly rated.

Now sadly, i believe "someone" is attempting to use THIS forum to promote a new and IMO unproven product that i cannot find what i would consider legit reviews on other than their own.

Oops! Edited to add.....

I found one review i trust. BornSlippy's.

[...] but look at the chinese symbol in center of my anvisoft , http://www.anvisoft....bout/about.html

I have used 3 different browsers and can't find what you see. I *did* find the contact's name and such in a PAD file.. (RE: Politics; What?? And lose what little credibility I have left these days?? :P )

<Company_Info><Company_Name>Anvisoft</Company_Name>

<Address_1>Moor Building ST Fremont. U.S.A</Address_1>

<Address_2/><City_Town>Fremont</City_Town>

<State_Province>California</State_Province>

<Zip_Postal_Code>94538</Zip_Postal_Code>

<Country>United States of America</Country>

<Company_WebSite_URL>http://www.anvisoft.com</Company_WebSite_URL>

<Contact_Info><Contact_First_Name>Andy</Contact_First_Name><Contact_Last_Name>Tan</Contact_Last_Name><Contact_Email>business@anvisoft.com</Contact_Email> <Author_Email>business@anvisoft.com</Author_Email> <Author_First_Name>Andy</Author_First_Name><Author_Last_Name>Tan</Author_Last_Name></Contact_Info> <Support_Info><Sales_Email>business@anvisoft.com</Sales_Email><Support_Email>business@anvisoft.com</Support_Email><General_Email>business@anvisoft.com</General_Email>

Andy Tan is the Contact (owner/CEO..??)

Steve

A few points...

1. A person did ask HERE about another anti malware product. It is a legitimate question as all too often we see fake anti malware application code being sold such that it allows one to "roll your own" rogue anti malware application to con computer owners and get their money and possibly Personally Identifiable Information (PII) as well.

2. There is a lack of information about the company, the product, what the product targets on the web site. Not being forthcoming on the web site is a Red Flag.

3. The Anvisoft "about us" web page shows the logos of ZDnet Editors pick and others. For a new product that just was in Beta (the Beta didn't even get updates) how can it receive the so-called "editor's pick" awards ? Just showing logos without those logos linking back to the agency that provides such an award for verification is a Red Flag.

It is not unlike the Job Fraud emails I receive and research where they point to a web site. Some of these Job Fraud related web site shows the logo of the Better Business Bureau as a
BBB Acredited Business
. However, they aren't accredited by the BBB at all (
you know I do my homework
). The web sites fraudulently use the "BBB Acredited Business" logo.

Example
http://www.post-rocket.com/

Look at the bottom of the page and you'll see the "BBB Acredited Business" logo. Click on it and it takes you to the BBB of Los Angeles, Ca. where the BBB gives it a "
F
" rating and states "
THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED
"

NOTE
:
I am not equating Anvisoft to any fraud
. I am just using the above example of how such logos are used to gain a sense of trust.

4. The person named RATS known on the Anvisoft forum as a moderator posts here. Is that a lucky find by RATS ? The original poster spectre told RATS of this thread ? RATS knew about this thread based upon a refferal URL in their logs ? Anvisoft forums was seen to have a discussion on Malwarebytes so a Anvisoft forum person went to see if there was a Anvisoft discussion on the Malwarebytes' forum ?

5. The Anvisoft forum moderator RATS has no knowledge of the Smart Defender product but describes it as "Our product". Why is that ? RATS writes "As I am not on the Development Team" one does not have to be a developer to know how the product is to be used, what it targets and does not target, etc. I am not on the Malwarebytes' development team yet I have a very good handle on the Malwarebytes' product, MBAM, and I'm not even a moderator on the forum (thank G-d). I also find the following statement dubious "Smart Defender is targeting some of the above mostly trojanized/patched files". Which points directly to not knowing the product. Trojanized, or patched files, are when a trojan appends, prepends or cavity injects malicious code into legitimate files such that the legitimate file does its originally intended job but also the intention(s) of the malicious actor who wrote the malware. Handling this is is like handing a file infecting virus. To mitigate this kind of threat you have two choices; deletion and cleaning. Deletion is just that. Delete the trojanized file. However doing so can cause the OS to generate a NT Stop Error BSoD condition. The other option is to remove the malicious code from the trojanized file such that it is basically the same file as it was prior to being trojanized. It would be highly unlikely that Smart Defender deals with "mostly trojanized/patched files" as that is very tricky and the amount of malware that does patching/trojanizing has a lower incident rate. I do not understand why a moderator on a forum supporting a product has so little knowlege of the arena that product operates in. Another Red Flag.

Disclaimer:

The above are my personal thoughts and are in no way a reflection or representation of Malwarebytes'.

Since Anvisoft is a new company, of course, it need time to develop its products.

I think we should not so critical. A new and excellent anti-malware program of course is beneficial to users.

Let's just wait to see if Anvisoft can develop its product to be an excellent tool.