Weatherman97

Boot Time Scan

7 posts in this topic

Are there any plans in the near future on implementing a boot-time scan option in Malwarebytes?

Hi, weatherman97:

I could be wrong (as I don't use this particular setting myself), but I think there is an option, as shown in the attached screen grab. :)

Needless to say, the ability to automate/schedule tasks (updates & scans) with the scheduler is a feature only of the PRO version. :)

HTH,

daledoc1

post-29793-0-14559500-1330530705.png

OK, thanks for the update. :)

Let us know how it goes.

If you *do* have problems with it, it might be best to start a new topic in the General forum, here.

Thanks!

daledoc1

It worked very well. I scheduled the boot-time scan for restart,and immediately following restart, Malwarebytes opened the scan results log, showing the scan did occur. I really like this feature, one reason is becuase the time it took to scan was so quick I wasn't even sure at first if it scanned. I was wondering if this is a new feature in the 1.61 edition because I don't remeber seeing this option before.

The availabilty of an boot-time scan is great and all antimalware and antivirus products should include a boot-time scanning option which would help eliminate malware easier and more effectively than in the regular windows mode and I am thankful Malwarebytes includes this feature, something my antivirus does not have.

Thank you for your help.

Great!

Glad it's working well for you.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

daledoc1

One idea for the development team is a boot-scan like avast has where it can scan before Windows fully starts(before logging in) for those stubborn malware that become active when certain windows components load.