PC problems while doing video call

Hello everyone, I am new here and just wanted to see if you had any advice for me on my computer. It has had some slowness lately, normally when I am on a skype or yahoo video call. Once in a great while it will slow up during playing a game. I run MCAFEE security center from RCN my internet provider, it has real-time scanning, updates, firewall, and features virus and spyware protection, web and email protection, data protection. I tried the finallyfast.com scan and it found the following errors but I did not have it fix it as it was 29.99 just to submit the info. I thought it was 100% free but its only the download thats free unfortunately. The following is what it found:

844 Registry errors

51 missing windows shortcuts

13 missing shared files

1 missing application path

52 invalid file extensions

44 installer errors

1 missing startup error

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 17R Intel Core i3 380m processor 2.53ghz, 3mb cache, 4gb memory, 640gb hard drive, blue ray combo, wireless n card & bluetooth technology, hd graphics and webcam

Is there anyway i can fix this so it runs faster? without dumping everything out of it? the capacity of drive c is 581gb, i have 521gb FREE space and 59.7gb used space, I dont think it is over filled. Any help would be aprreciated greatly

Thank-you, in advance

"I tried the finallyfast.com scam and it found the following errors but I did not have it fix it as it was 29.99 just to submit the info"

corrected for accuracy .

if you do a google search of "finallyfast.com malware" you will find that many people have had problems with this "program/service" .

call it "scamware" . <_<

it makes me wonder about a possible infection after the fact (as some others in those forums have also found out) .

perhaps it would be best to start a new topic in the HJT/malware removal thread ... juuussst to be on the safe side . ;)

go here first and do as instructed to the best of your abilities :

http://forums.malwar...showtopic=81385

if you want to hedge the bet and forgo the malware check , go here :

http://forums.malwar...showtopic=81990

personally speaking (only) ...

i would dump mcafee .

I did do a malwarebytes check and it did a 3 hour 57 minute scan and found NOTHING, I am not sure what else I can do? Any other help?

follow my first link ... it is to have the experts in the HJT malware removal thread check your machine .

for me , the red flags go up with those "let us remotely fix your pc " sites .

they can leave behind some nasty stuff .

to be sure , there may be a couple of legitimate sites out there but most are not trustworthy ...

and as i mentioned , many people have had problems related to the site/program you have mentioned that you have "used" .

sometimes there are no shortcuts , no magic button to push ...

i strongly suggest getting your machine checked by the guys (and gals) over in the HJT malware removal section .

follow my first link ... it is to have the experts in the HJT malware removal thread check your machine .

for me , the red flags go up with those "let us remotely fix your pc " sites .

they can leave behind some nasty stuff .

to be sure , there may be a couple of legitimate sites out there but most are not trustworthy ...

and as i mentioned , many people have had problems related to the site/program you have mentioned that you have "used" .

sometimes there are no shortcuts , no magic button to push ...

i strongly suggest getting your machine checked by the guys (and gals) over in the HJT malware removal section .

i did review and some of the links above in that post it links me too do not work. Also if i take out Mcafee what do you prefer to use for antivirus? I know people who use AVAST (free on the net) I will NOT buy any, I have the free mcafee for life basically...

Hi, fireman5214:

Just another home user here. :)

I would support CWB's excellent advice first to have one of the authorized, trained malware experts have a look at your system for traces of the rogue registry cleaner or other infections.

One rationale for doing so BEFORE trying to switch AV products is that, if you are infected, it may well be diffficult or even impossible to install a new AV on the infected system.

It is always best to clean it up first (if needed), and THEN proceed with uninstalling your old AV and installing a new one.

(As for specific recs re: free AVs, you'll find many opinions from many members. It's hard to endorse a single product.)

So, I would also suggest that you follow the guidelines in the I'm Infected - What Do I Do Now? article, and then please start a new topic in the Malware Removal sub-forum. The expert will provide free, one-on-one help with checking and cleaning your machine. He/she can also recommend a range of security products, both free and paid, to install, once you are given the "all clean".

Anyway, again, that's just my humble recommendation as another home user, trying to help. :)

Feel free to "take it or leave it". :)

HTH,

daledoc1

the fact that some the links i posted do not work for you may be a bad omen (possibly a browser hijack/redirect) ...

however , i am not a certified expert and to make solid judgment calls in this area is beyond my ken (yeah , it is a word that is not used much these days) .

i suggest manually navigating to this area : Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs .

you might say it is "right next door" .

the first topic at the top of the list is : I'm infected - What do I do now? .

follow the instructions there to the best of your abilities .

as daledoc1 pointed out ... attempting to install another antivirus can cause more grief .

a lot of the antivirus programs will not install if another antivirus program is present ...

you have to remove the old programs(s) before it will install .

wanna guess what happens when you un-install the old one ?

right ... your machine is now wide open and unprotected with nasty bits running around unfettered .

not a good scenario .

it is better to err on the side of safety and caution .