celcius

Can,t download the latest version Malwarebytes PRO

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I have not used my pc since beginning of Des 2011

My Malwarebytes have version v2012.03.10.03

Definisjon: 304451

And it says download the latest version!

But When I try to download the latest version, I came to a bleeping compuer site:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register

I have no account there, and it,s impossible to make a account!

My Malware bytes is a paid version.

How can i update my malwarebytes, and where?

Have Avira premium antivirus on my pc.

Hi, Celcius:

That link doesn't seem right when I Google search it -- it might be that your searches are being redirected.

Please follow the instructions below in order to update to the current version of MBAM:

• If you are running MBAM PRO, please be sure you have your license ID and key available (sent via email at the time of online purchase, or in the box).
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from HERE.
  • It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so - this is very important!
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HERE.
  • If you are using MBAM PRO, you will need to reactivate (register) the program using the license ID & key.
  • Launch the MBAM program and (if you are using MBAM PRO) set the Protection and Registration.
  • Then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
  • Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray (if using the PRO version).
  • Now set up any file exclusions, as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications, and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs HERE, or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Is this the same computer on which you were having possible infection issues back in December-January in your other topic?

If so, were you able to resolve them?

If you are still experiencing issues and/or you think you might be infected, please post back for further guidance.

Thanks!

daledoc1

Hi, shaddowar:

I realize the BC is an official mirror site, of course. :)

And I started to type exactly what you wrote. :)

But when I copy/pasted the OP's actual link from his post into a Google search bar, it turned up with a weird Russian site, not the official BC site.

(I didn't investigate further by clicking the link myself; though perhaps it relates to the OP's locale in Scandinavia?)

That's why I thought perhaps that his searches may be redirected or some other problem, especially since it seems he might have been having possible infection issues a month or so ago, and since I thought it was suspicious that he was asked to REGISTER on the site?

Anyway....

Apologies for any confusion, misunderstanding or misinformation. :(

daledoc1