Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SF Shoim

Deleting a hacked Yahoo email acct.

6 posts in this topic

I have an old unused Yahoo email acct. that has been hacked to the point that I can't access it to delete it. I've sent numerous requests to Yahoo for a couple of months with no reply or results. I can't seem to find a phone number to call so it's all online. Yahoo recognizes my user name but won't accept or change passwords so I can do it myself. Any suggestions? :angry2:

Hello SF Shoim and Welcome to the Malwarebytes Forum.

I do not know if any other way to be able to reset or retrieve your password for yahoo. Below I have two link for you if you have not seen these before.

This link is just how to delete your account either through a smart phone or computer.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&y=PROD_ACCT&id=SLN2044&pir=DdGvMlZibUnaulEkTt57enUqEoYDzLX_LEIE1dzmIM8erfbmRLSpbnoPwbcs2YnqDjOiXh_klxPwcKTg0BovmhrsK2aDB3.Rx7nzg378riQUfWSUkOAeZUChWwIFnqDQdI8EhaoGiCPTjPK1mhNc.MUZfa1GF6GPngyrJV_H6EeKoOdXS9k2Y20jvZvna1bGOhUo77372jtvTYxAi9.wixCdBIOZOP.gvbrmZwKQ5Dq2.wM_vHnpVyHjYGUeSN_wwY_7Zbc3d275m2PgNkKV81mzEzfw37t2oDpAyVQAcv0oWu37OogCAIM57mTF4ykOXgHw_0kTYKzlC9L6BCob4uue_a4kIwa9p2xKwvaAA4Vrzmsk8RfPCUNxbNAUKt0RlyLo8DmpBwNpAtXpd6U-

This link is how to reset your password if your account has been compromised.

https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot/

CWIlliams...thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately I have tried both of those numerous times over a few months and yet that Yahoo acct. keeps sending out spam via the address book.

Any other suggestions?

Not sure if this info is still current but you can try it....

Phone: 866-562-7219

How to reach a live person:

Press 2 when recording asks for your selection

Hours of Operation:

Mon-Fri: 6am - 6pm PT

@Firefox...that number works for Yahoo support. Unfortunately I got a "high volumne of calls" message but will try again during non-peak hours. :)