Reinstall MBAM on new laptop

Hello, everyone!

I've had my MBAM program since April 2009. I just purchased a new Dell laptop and I'd like to install my MBAM to it.

Could somebody please give me instructions on how to install my program to my new computer?

Thank you, I appreciate your assistance.

Best Regards,

Adama

We have a knowledgebase article on the procedure here.

Once you have run mbam-clean, just reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your new computer and register it using your ID and Key.

Hi Exile,

Thanks for the info and link. At this point I'm not sure if I'm going to keep my new Dell or not. I'd much rather not have to go through all the install/uninstall process and then find out I have to do the whole thing again on my old laptop.

I've always felt safe with my MBAM. So... I really don't know what to do now. :(

Thanks for your assistance!

That's OK. For now you can just install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your new Dell and use the 14 day trial. That will give you 2 weeks to decide if you plan to keep the new computer or not.

Once you're ready, if you do decide to keep the new PC, you can then run mbam-clean on your old computer and then register Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your new Dell using your ID and Key.

That's OK. For now you can just install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your new Dell and use the 14 day trial. That will give you 2 weeks to decide if you plan to keep the new computer or not.

Once you're ready, if you do decide to keep the new PC, you can then run mbam-clean on your old computer and then register Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on your new Dell using your ID and Key.

You want to know something? when I woke up this morning I thought about doing exactly that. Great minds..... :o

Thank you so much for your kind assistance. I will go and do that right now, I prefer not to be surfing the web without my protection. :)

Best regards.

You're welcome. :) You may also consider buying a second license. It is great for the price. :)

Hopefully the trial will give you time to think about it. :) Let us know if you need anything else. :)

Hi Buttons!

Actually, that's not a bad idea... I just installed a new one in my Dell and I went for the trial offer. I'll come back and report on what's going on with the Dell vs Compaq saga. LOL :D

Hi Adama :)

I have two license for the pro and got one in a contest, but gave that to a friend as I didn't need it at the time. Would definitely buy more if I had more Windows systems. :) Alrighty then let us know when you get that solved. :) LOL

Hi Buttons! ^_^

That's awesome that you have 2 licenses. Alrighty then, have a great Sunday. :lol: LOL

(love that alrighty word)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, it's me again! :huh:

Well, you'd probably never guessed what happened... The Dell laptop was giving me too many problems and had to send it back to QVC. So, I uninstalled the MBAM program using my Windows uninstall program - forgot to come back here to get the uninstall link. :wacko: Sorry!

This past Sunday I purchased another laptop from BestBuy, an HP Pavilion g6. I'm going to go ahead and download a new MBAM and I will purchase it before the trial option is over.

Alrighty then, hope you are all having a great week. :D

Yes, if you sent the PC back to the vendor/manufacturer, then there's no need to purchase another license, as they will definitely either destroy it, or at the very least format the hard drive, wiping your license from the old system so it will no longer be active, so there's no need for you to purchase a second copy of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware unless you currently have 2 PC's which you need to protect.

Hi Firefox and Exile,

Thanks for your messages. No, I didn't purchase MBAM for the Dell, I downloaded the trial one because I wasn't sure I was going to keep the laptop or not.

Since MBAM is available for 1 computer only, I will have to purchase a new one for my new HP laptop.

Thanks, guys!

:)

Ah, I see, so you're keeping both computers then? If that's the case and you want both of them protected, then yes, you'd need to have a separate license for each PC.

Hi Exile,

Thanks for the message. Yes, I'm keeping my old Compaq laptop. So yes, I will have to get the license for this new one. I imagine that when the trial period is over I will get a notification with the option to purchase?

Have a great weekend, guys!

:D

Yes you will. Once it has expired, it will present you with a screen offering you the option to register (this is for users who have already purchased a license for it, so they can activate it with their ID and Key), to end the trial (this is for users who do not wish to purchase and just want to use the free version), and an option to purchase, which will take you to the purchase page to buy a new license.