What is the benefit of PDF24 Editor?

Hi everyone,

I am wondering What the benefit of PDF24 Editor is. Is it a PDF converter program?

If so, why did I encounter this error message when I have tried opening a Microsoft Word file via it? If not, I was intending to know how I can use this programme. In other words, what is the benefit of it?

This is the screenshot in which the error message shows in the low-left corner.

15592634.png

Any comments would be highly appreciated.

It calls itself a "PDF Editor" but its more of a PDF manipulator and PDF creator.

You would expect an editor to be able to manipulate graphics and text, and with the text to be able to; edit, add, delete, insert, format, etc.

What it calls editing is changing some tags, merging PDFs, deleting pages, etc.

The Portable Document Format (PDF) is a published format. That is once you create a PDF it is in its final stage. You can't really "edit" a PDF like you can "edit" a MS Word document. At best you can manipulate the PDF. If you create a PDF from MS Word and you want to make a change, for all intents and purposes you'd have to load the original MS Word document, edit it, and export to PDF again.

I tried PDF24 and I thought it was crap. It is based upon the public GhostScript and isn't very good.

I could do a whole lot more in LibreOffice v3.5.2 using a PDF Import extension to manipulate a given PDF than what PDF24 could do with the same PDF.

You want to create PDF files, use PDFCreator it has an Adobe Distiller-like capability and now includes PDFArchitect.

You want greater PDF flexibility then choose LibreOffice with the PDF Import extension.

** I can say PDF24 is crap because I have been working with PDFs for almost 20 years. One of my favourite things is turn a JPEG or ordinary document into a fillable PDF form where you can save data with the form.

. You want greater PDF flexibility then choose LibreOffice with the PDF Import extension. ** I can say PDF24 is crap because I have been working with PDFs for almost 20 years. One of my favourite things is turn a JPEG or ordinary document into a fillable PDF form where you can save data with the form.

Thanks a lot, Although I have only downloaded the two files in order, which are indicated in the picture down, when I have clicked on the link LibreOffice

libreofficeproductivity.png

, I have only a little inquiry about these things which are mentioned in these screenshots:

libreofficeproductivity.png

When I clicked "info" bside "main installer", I have find this link down. what is it for?

thedocumentfoundationmi.png

When I click the "info" which is under the first, this link was shown:

thedocumentfoundationmi.png

Finally: I don't know what is the benefit of Torrent file because it isn't work with me. One of them was downloaded. However, when I wanted to open it gave me unable to open this file and gave me an error.

gggjk.png

Please cofirm for me if all of my screenshots are shown becuase I have been facing difficulty scince I posted.

If you don't know what a torrent is, don't download that version.

You want to download the Main Installer .MSI file (Microsoft Installer) for the language of choice.

No problem with the downloading I have downloaded and installed but as I mentioned above in the first schreenshot.

Due to my curiosity I would like to answer my question which I have mentioned in my previous schreenshots.

No problem with the downloading I have downloaded and installed but as I mentioned above in the first schreenshot.

Due to my curiosity I would like to answer my question which I have mentioned in my previous schreenshots.

Please re-state that question and please fully enunciate what you want to know.

Please re-state that question and please fully enunciate what you want to know.

I have downloaded the two files (main installer and helppack English fallback) as it is being mentioned in the first screenshot. However, when I clicked "info" which is beside both "main installer" and "helppack English fallback" [as it is being mentioned in the second screenshot], I found another link for downloading "main installer" and "helppack English fallback" [as it is being mentioned in the third and fourth screenshots]. Thus, my question is as follows" what those links for as long as I downloaded these files from the first screenshot.

Finally: I know that torrent fils. However, when I downloaded the torrent files which are beside both (main installer and helppack English fallback), one of them hasn't been downloaded, but the other has been downloaded. However, when I opened it, the error message "cannot load the file. invaild file" . But other torrent which is beside " helppack English fallback" didn't download and the error message " helppack English fallback cannot be downoladed from the download.documenfoundation.org" shows me [as it being is mentioned in the fifth screenshot]

All you need is the Main Installer .MSI file and double-click on it to install LibreOffice.

I know that.

However, could you please tell me know what those other links which show me after clicking "info" are, please? Could you see my screenshots?

Why did you not answer me about "torrent"?

i believe david did answer you .

it might be a good idea to stay away from "torrent" files ... depending on where you get them from , you have a greater chance of getting an infected file .

stay with the executable file downloads ... much safer for you to use .

edit :

david posted while i was composting .

It's a JOKE cooperator

CWB wrote "david posted while i was composting "

I wrote...

"Yeah, it's spring time. Get that garden growing. :lol:"

It's a joke based upon a play on words.

CWB meant composing as in writing. Composting is where you turn organic vegetable matter into hummus which is good for plant growth. 36_19_211.gif

I reiterate...

"Frankly I don't understand what you are asking and we should be well beyond the point of installation of the software by now."

A torrent file is a file that contains data to download the actual file you want through peers. The download comes from multiple servers by pieces and assembled on your computer. It is meant to save bandwith and allows you to pause/stop at anytime and resume whenever you want compared to a web browser(often becomes corrupted if you stop it and resume later).

A torrent file stores metadata used for <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_%28protocol%29">BitTorrent. It is defined in the BitTorrent specification.[1] Simply, a torrent is data about a target file, though it contains no information about the content of the file. The only data that the torrent holds is information about the location of different pieces of the target file. Torrents work by dividing the target file into small information chunks, found on an unlimited number of different hosts. Through this method, torrents are able to download large files quickly. When a client (the recipient of a target file) has initiated a torrent download, the chunks of target file that are needed can be found easily, based on the data from the torrent itself. Once all the chunks are downloaded the client can assemble them into a usable form. Note: the torrent must be completed before it can be assembled into a usable form. This differs from conventional internet downloads which have only one host and are usable even if the file is incomplete.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Torrent_file

It uses a p2p network which is rather unsafe since it can download from some rather unsavery servers. I believe that is why David is ignoring the question. Also note with MBAM Pro you will get some IP Blocks as with any P2P application.

The main installer installs the application while the help pack installs the help files on your computer as by default it opens up a web browser to their website.

Also you'll need java 6 to use extensions like the PDF import. Java 7 won't work as it's not compatible yet.

from the "libre office" instruction page :

"The way to use the Download page may not be clear to less-experienced computer users, so below you will find detailed instructions."

the instruction page is found here : http://www.libreoffi...d/instructions/

the download page for the files is here : http://www.libreoffi...rg/downloadold/

there are two drop down panels ; select the windows OS and the language you understand the best .

(note : i do not read/write your native tongue)

click on the 3.5.2 versions for the downloads ... they are just below the drop down windows .

do not use a torrent download !

Really? Guess it's been a bit since I last tried it. Thanks for the correction. :)

Sorry for not replying sooner Buttons.

Somewhere during the time frame of Oracle v7 update 2, and LibreOffice v3.4.2 ~ v3.4.5 (I forget the actual version) LibreOffice finally recognized Oracle Java v7.

Before when you looked in Tools --> Options --> LibreOffice --> Java

LibreOffice would not recognize that Oracle Java v7 was even installed. Now it does.

post-14644-0-96702600-1335655451.jpg

All you need is the Main Installer .MSI file and double-click on it to install LibreOffice.

Thank you so much indeed. However, I would like to say to you

FIRST:that I have downloaded in order those files:"LibO_3.5.2_Win_x86_install_multi" and "LibO_3.5.2_Win_x86_helppack_en-US". Then, I have installed them in order. After that, I have noticed that LibreOffice 3.5 has been installed in Arabic language, although I have downloaded "LibreOffice Windows, version 3.5.3, English (US). I don't want it to be installed in Arabic language.

Second: My windows seven 64bit; however, as you see that this program is for 32bit. However, it has been installed in mine

Finally: Finally: I didn't find out anything which differentiates this program from a Microsoft Office. What is the benefit from it then? I will use Microsoft Office?????? I was expected that I will edit the PDF fils during this program.

Sorry for not replying sooner Buttons.

Somewhere during the time frame of Oracle v7 update 2, and LibreOffice v3.4.2 ~ v3.4.5 (I forget the actual version) LibreOffice finally recognized Oracle Java v7.

Before when you looked in Tools --> Options --> LibreOffice --> Java

LibreOffice would not recognize that Oracle Java v7 was even installed. Now it does.

That's okay.

Oh cool! Thanks for showing me that. :) Do you know if Libreoffice on Ubuntu supports Java 7 ?

Oracle Java v7 update 4

You'll find the Linux 32bit and 64bit version. As far as I know, there are no problems with Ubuntu

FIRST:that I have downloaded in order those files:"LibO_3.5.2_Win_x86_install_multi" and "LibO_3.5.2_Win_x86_helppack_en-US". Then, I have installed in order. After that, I have noticed that LibreOffice 3.5 has been installed in Arabic language. I don't want it to be installed in Arabic language.

Second: My windows seven 64bit; however, as you see that this program is for 32bit.

Finally: Finally: I didn't find out anything which differentiates this program from a Microsoft Office. What is the benefit from it then? I will use Microsoft Office?????? I was expected that I will edit the PDF fils during this program.

I guess it used the Browser or GEO IP to determine the Language. Usually people will want that.

32bit software runs perfectly well under 64bit.

What differentiates LibreOffice from MS Office is it is free but it does not include an Enterprise messaging application like MS Outlook. It does have a program, for formula based mathematics that the MS Office Suite does not have.

You can find the version you want by browsing here...

http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/3.5.3/

• 2 weeks later...

Oracle Java v7 update 4

You'll find the Linux 32bit and 64bit version. As far as I know, there are no problems with Ubuntu

I guess it used the Browser or GEO IP to determine the Language. Usually people will want that.

32bit software runs perfectly well under 64bit.

What differentiates LibreOffice from MS Office is it is free but it does not include an Enterprise messaging application like MS Outlook. It does have a program, for formula based mathematics that the MS Office Suite does not have.

You can find the version you want by browsing here...

http://download.docu...e/stable/3.5.3/

I am quite surprised about that I have downloaded the English version of LibO_3.5.3_Win_x86_install_multi, and when I installed, I have spotted that it is Arabic. What is the matter? Is it because my system is Arabic version?

43589234.png