StupidButCunning

Is there any way to check what Key Code your Active MalwareBytes is using?

8 posts in this topic

A friend of mine bought MalwareBytes for multiple systems after I recommended it to him. Two of his computers got burned out in a storm, and he wanted to reinstall MalwareBytes. He got new systems and wanted to use the codes that were being used on the fried systems. He asked me how to check which Codes were active on his other systems that way he could just use the others. I told him I didn't know if it was possible but I'd check into it, so is there anyway to check what the code is in use so he can fix this?

Greetings and welcome :)

For any system which is actively running, you can check the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to find the ID and Key being used for registration on that system.

For 64 bit Windows versions it will be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Greetings and welcome :)

For any system which is actively running, you can check the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to find the ID and Key being used for registration on that system.

For 64 bit Windows versions it will be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Thank you very much! =) I've never had a need to access MalwareBytes customer service but let me say it's clear why they are on the top of the market.

You're most welcome, I'm glad to be of service :).

If you have any future questions or issues, please don't hesitate to contact us again, either here on our forums or via the form located here if you prefer support via email:

Consumer Support

hi I need a new id number please to activate my malaware better it is a free version

hi I need a new id number please to activate my malaware better it is a free version

There is no ID or Key registration for the free version. If you want the Pro version you would need to purchase a license.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Thank you

I believe this incorrect with the later versions, as I have found configuration files in %SystemDrive%\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. And the licence file is %SystemDrive%\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Configuration\license.conf.

If you have updated to version 2.1.8, check MY ACCOUNT to get this information.  Its much easier.

If you have not updated to version 2.1.8, do so.