An inquiry about speedupmypc

hello david.

Surely defragmenting the registry would be a safe operation.There is nothing getting deleted at all.But with windows 7 i do see your point because would i be correct in thinking that the windows7 registry is actually partially virtualised?

Thanks.

snakeoil.gif

"Defrag the Registry to get rid of free cell."

NO to "Defrag the Registry to get rid of free cell"

That's a false claim. Do not use so-called Registry Cleaners or Registry Defragmenters. They are Snake Oil JUNK !

Ah, You can try some really good Defrager, like Toolwiz Care, Norman System Speedup. What does the defrag tool do is exporting the Registry with Windows standard API and then import it again. The Windows will rebuild the Registry Cell and free many useless Registry Cells when a APP calls the API to export Hive tree. As I know, This is the theorem for Registry Defrag.

A smaller Registry will take less memory and take less time to be loaded when system booting. Hope I am right :)