Spybot - Search & Destroy

Hi,

Does 'Spybot - Search & Destroy' program detect and then delete trojan threats or other viruses?

If it might be no, I would be asking what its task is.

Is 'Spybot - Search & Destroy' similar to 'Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware'?

Here is a Secret Site that will explains things to you http://www.safer-net...g/en/index.html

Thank you very much indeed.

But I really have been advised by Norton's representatives that I don't need to have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware' in case I have Norton Internet Security. And If I have installed Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware'', there may be incompatibility between Norton and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware'

Please concentrate with me.

As I have looked up at that site and didn't notice which threats Spybot - Search & Destroy' detects and deletes them.

FIRST:: Does 'Spybot - Search & Destroy' program detect and then delete trojan threats or other viruses?

SECOND: Is 'Spybot - Search & Destroy' similar to 'Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware'? If might be no, then what differnce is there between them?

Symantic only wants you to use their product. It's a marketing technique that a lot of vendor's are moving to. There should be no issues between Norton or MBAM/Spybot.

They are in a pretty similiar ball park, but Spybot has much lower detection rate and actually far behind MBAM in removal and scanning. Spybot is rather buggy and slow.

Guest Seagull

I agree 100% with what Buttons has said.

Norton wants you to use only there software, Norton is just like any other Anti-Virus and will not catch 100% of everything, its always nice to have a back up like Malwarebytes Pro.

As for Spybot I recommend not using it and stick with Malwarebytes, I have tried Spybot in the past and never really cared for it, thats just my two cents.

I hope this helps. :)

Do not, ever use a Norton or Symantec product. The only decent product they have is SymNRT.

I concur with what some have said, Spybot isn't really any good anymore. It used to be nice but now it's very dated and lagging behind.

Thank you all very much indeed

So you do advise me to get rid of using 'Spybot - Search & Destroy' and install 'Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware'.

If might be yes, I would ask you what kinds of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware' there are.