Downloading MBAM from myantispyware site

Hey guys I don't know if this the right place to post this but I have ran into a problem getting my clients to download your software. Probably my fault but on the myantispyware site when one selects Malwarebytes Antispyware the next page has two Google ads for "free" spyware scans and a lot of my clients are clicking there instead of scrolling to the bottom to get to the bleepingcomputer or besttechie download of MBAM. Of course this then upsets my clients when the download says 300 spyware incidents found please pay $39.95 to remove after I told them MBAM was free.

Does anyone here have contact with that site to see if this can be addressed? I hope to have MBAM on all my clients PCs by the end of the month but this causing me problems. Short of visiting every client I have (well over 100) I tried to be as specific as possible as where to download MBAM, even including the besttechie download link in my e-mail to them. Still, if myantispyware is going to put MBAM as free download why are they putting Google ads on the same page for software that isn't free and definitely doesn't work like MBAM?

Sorry for the rant.

How come they end up there? From my point of view, that site doesn't seem to even have too high Google ranking. In Yahoo/Google/Ask real MBAM site seems to dominate, however Live seems to place that site near the top of the search results?

• Staff
Hey guys I don't know if this the right place to post this but I have ran into a problem getting my clients to download your software. Probably my fault but on the myantispyware site when one selects Malwarebytes Antispyware the next page has two Google ads for "free" spyware scans and a lot of my clients are clicking there instead of scrolling to the bottom to get to the bleepingcomputer or besttechie download of MBAM. Of course this then upsets my clients when the download says 300 spyware incidents found please pay $39.95 to remove after I told them MBAM was free.
There is the first problem, why are you directing people to this site 'myantispyware' to download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? Secondly, Malwarebytes Antispyware is not our product.

Third problem, tho not much anyone can do about it, the Google ads are not entirely controllable on sites. While they have some filters, none of them are actually any good at weeding out rogue sites trying to cash in on names that resemble better products.

Does anyone here have contact with that site to see if this can be addressed? I hope to have MBAM on all my clients PCs by the end of the month but this causing me problems. Short of visiting every client I have (well over 100) I tried to be as specific as possible as where to download MBAM, even including the besttechie download link in my e-mail to them. Still, if myantispyware is going to put MBAM as free download why are they putting Google ads on the same page for software that isn't free and definitely doesn't work like MBAM?

Sorry for the rant.

Do you have a direct link? Is it myantispyware.net, .com. .org?

Didn't know I was opening a hornet's nest so I guess I'll answer the questions honestly.

www.myantispyware.com is a very good site, yes it looks a lot like bleepingcomputer. It has links to very good tools besides MBAM.

Oh well, if I ruffled some feathers I'm sorry. Being kind of new here I guess I should refrain from posting such until I am more aware of what is allowed on the forum. Still a nice forum that I plan to visit though. I try to find resources where I can, I check them out thoroughly before I recommend them. MBAM has been my tool of choice for the past several months and I will continue to recommend it, regardless of where it can be downloaded from (as long as I know it is a reputable site).

Again my apologies.

• Staff
Didn't know I was opening a hornet's nest so I guess I'll answer the questions honestly.

www.myantispyware.com is a very good site, yes it looks a lot like bleepingcomputer. It has links to very good tools besides MBAM.

Oh well, if I ruffled some feathers I'm sorry. Being kind of new here I guess I should refrain from posting such until I am more aware of what is allowed on the forum. Still a nice forum that I plan to visit though. I try to find resources where I can, I check them out thoroughly before I recommend them. MBAM has been my tool of choice for the past several months and I will continue to recommend it, regardless of where it can be downloaded from (as long as I know it is a reputable site).

Again my apologies.

There is no need to apologize.

And I don't think it looks like Bleeping as I already stated.

The site is just like tons of others, all kinds of Google ads 99% of them pushing rogues or semi rogue applications. That's part of the problem with Google, they don't give a hoot what comes up in those sponsored ads or banner ads. And in my opinion CyberDefender is rogue and I'd never send anyone to any site pushing that software.

I sure don't see how people could get confused unless they get blindsided by all the ads. Maybe that aspect is how people get confused.

If you're going to recommend anyone download our software, best to have a direct link and not to some other site, where the user then gets redirected again. All that does is make it look like you're trying to drive traffic to that site.

Direct links eliminate the chance for confusion, if you were that concerned, the link you should be passing around is the one at download.com.

Thanks for the link.

But I disagree, it looks nothing like Bleeping IMHO.

Your welcome for the link, Tom :D

What I meant by the "look" was the info here is more or less copied here, except for a few screenies. It's seemed (to me at least) as though whoever has the site has just copied Grinler's work.

It's by the by, anyway :D

• Staff
Your welcome for the link, Tom :D

What I meant by the "look" was the info here is more or less copied here, except for a few screenies. It's seemed (to me at least) as though whoever has the site has just copied Grinler's work.

It's by the by, anyway :D

Ahhhh...ok, now I see the slight resemblance.