cwilliams03srt4

What are your favorite programs to scan with AFTER running MBAM?

6 posts in this topic

TL:DR: What do you scan with after running Malwarebytes?

Hey guys! I am a system administrator over about 2300 workstations. We use ESET Endpoint Antivirus, and Malwarebytes Professional. I have to admit, MBAM catches the same if not more then ESET... ANYWHO :P

My rule of thumb, after scanning with MBAM, I always scan with at least one other program. Recently, I have been using either Spybot S&D, or SuperAntispyware, depending on my mood :P

If I get a heavily infected machine, I'll run these programs, in this order: RKiLL > TDSSKiLLER > MBAM > Spybot > and SuperAntispyware. Generally this take care of most of our problems on heavily infected machines. If those don't work, I turn to Combofix. (Which is rare)

Recently (and by recently I mean right now) I have been researching some new programs to try out. I'm in the process of testing AVZ Antiviral Toolkit, Mcafee Stinger, and IObit Malware Fighter.

So, I guess my question is: What do you generally scan with AFTER running MBAM, if any?

hmm another scanner im not sure but personally spybot is garbage from what i recall.

also are you using mbam in a corporate setting because if so you should have corporate licensing not consumer

:welcome:

Make sure you have Malwarebytes' Corporate edition as the pro on the home page is for home use only. I also do not recommend IOBIT due to the same reasons goldhound posted.

I usually scan Weekly and I scan with ESET first and run a Smart Scan, then after that scan finishes, I run a quick scan with Malwarebytes.

I do not use or scan with any programs other then ESET and Malwarebytes, anymore would just be overkill and would be a waste of space to me.