Latest and greatest, ULTIMATE, Zombie killing rifle - in 1080HD

ShyWriter

That's a lot of money wasted on accessories that could have been spent on ammo... What are you going to shoot the zombies with if you don't have any money left to buy the bullets after you are done decking out the rifle?

Besides, if you want the ultimate zombie killing weapon, then get an AA-12. ;)

@Arthur ~ If I'm going to waste my money on The Walking Dead (season starts July/'12) I think I'll do it 25 square miles at a time with a few old Davie Crockett (artillery fired) tactical nukes. Maybe I'll keep a couple doglegged-modified, Atchisson assault shotguns with shortened barrels as backups..Why kill 'em only one at a time??

Hey; did you see the .50 cal "hunting" rifle specially made with a carbon-fiber barrel and a titanium receiver that dropped the carry weight, with scope, from 42 pounds of a Barret-made type down to a sweetly-made, custom 19 pounds?? (on American Guns - dsc.discovery.com/tv/american-guns/ )

Puzzled as to why I have almost 35,000 profile view hits in 27 months against 23-25,000 for some people that have been here since 2005.. I know it's not my youthful charm or dashing good looks. :blink::P

Cheers,

Steve

"Puzzled as to why I have almost 35,000 profile view hits in 27 months against 23-25,000 for some people that have been here since 2005.. I know it's not my youthful charm or dashing good looks. :blink::P"

I was so proud of you bud, that i put a link to your profile on a couple really big seniors forums, i think i spelled "software updaters" wrong though, shouldn't have said "fixers", me bad :P

Whoo hoo! Walking Dead back soon!

Wayne

Buckshot is less expensive than nukes, although you admittedly cannot carry enough buckshot to equal the amount of destructive power even in a small nuclear weapon. Of course, one could always argue that at least the buckshot does not make the area uninhabitable to human life after its use...

No, I hadn't heard about them lightening up the Barret design, however it doesn't surprise me. Personally, I'm more interested in that new .40 cal sniper that they are developing that is supposed to have similar accuracy to .338 Lapua, but without the need to compromise on stopping power. Obviously .50 BMG is still going to have more stopping power, but this new round will be more accurate at longer ranges than .50 BMG and will have more stopping power than .338 Lapua, so it should be a pretty good long range platform.

As for your profile views, that could be any related to the news items you post on the forums. So many of my posts are hidden away that I'm sure that people see more of yours than they do of mine. ;)

Buckshot is less expensive than nukes, although you admittedly cannot carry enough buckshot to equal the amount of destructive power even in a small nuclear weapon. Of course, one could always argue that at least the buckshot does not make the area uninhabitable to human life after its use...

No, I hadn't heard about them lightening up the Barret design, however it doesn't surprise me. Personally, I'm more interested in that new .40 cal sniper that they are developing that is supposed to have similar accuracy to .338 Lapua, but without the need to compromise on stopping power. Obviously .50 BMG is still going to have more stopping power, but this new round will be more accurate at longer ranges than .50 BMG and will have more stopping power than .338 Lapua, so it should be a pretty good long range platform.

(Old man memory) They were talking about the design of a new bullet with a superior shape and not-over-excessive grain weight but faster burning charge in the .40 cal rifle (range of weapon calibre) that had less mass but more velocity and accuracy (less gravity drop due to design) than a .50 cal.. Shows @ 2000 yard a 5 hole set of 10" groupings after barrel stability 2-shot set.. With a suppressor, same grouping only to 1890 yard range because of velocity slowdown. Best cold barrel, non-suppressed shot was 3" off center at 2,000 yards in 10 sets with 20 minute cool-downs of the barrel in between. Of course they used a hand-held computerized setup for windspeed, bullet and barrel calculations..

The light .50 cal I was talking about was a custom-made weapon using Barrett's .50 cal model *only* as a weight comparison. The actual work was down by the GUNSMOKE shop with the armorers/family shown on AMERICAN GUNS TV "reality" show. I like that show better than the Red Jacket armorers/family shop on dsc.discovery.com/tv/sons-of-guns/ .

Steve

Wish I could afford some those.. :)

PS: I think I'm visited by a lot more "haters" than I am "admirers".. :P That's why I don't keep a list of visitors to my profile as well as not allowing comments.

As for your profile views, that could be any related to the news items you post on the forums. So many of my posts are hidden away that I'm sure that people see more of yours than they do of mine.

"Puzzled as to why I have almost 35,000 profile view hits in 27 months against 23-25,000 for some people that have been here since 2005.. I know it's not my youthful charm or dashing good looks. :blink::P"

I was so proud of you bud, that i put a link to your profile on a couple really big seniors forums, i think i spelled "software updaters" wrong though, shouldn't have said "fixers", me bad :P

Whoo hoo! Walking Dead back soon!

Wayne

LAUGH!! You old stinker you - I almost believe you - That's OK.. Wait 'til your missus finds all the emails you're going to start getting from those three dating sites I signed *you* up for.. Talk about REAL "gold-digger type women" on your tail... What's that old saying? "Mess with the bull, get the horns?" :D:lol::D:P

You're a good friend Wayne - you always get me out of whatever current funk I'm in.. ;)

My friend,

hang in there.. (And save me a few of those better-looking women's emails you get :P :P )

Your bud, (and co-conspirator) amen on the WALKING DEAD back soon...

Steve

(Old man memory) They were talking about the design of a new bullet with a superior shape and not-over-excessive grain weight but faster burning charge in the .40 cal rifle (range of weapon calibre) that had less mass but more velocity and accuracy (less gravity drop due to design) than a .50 cal.. Shows @ 2000 yard a 5 hole set of 10" groupings after barrel stability 2-shot set.. With a suppressor, same grouping only to 1890 yard range because of velocity slowdown. Best cold barrel, non-suppressed shot was 3" off center at 2,000 yards in 10 sets with 20 minute cool-downs of the barrel in between. Of course they used a hand-held computerized setup for windspeed, bullet and barrel calculations..

I was thinking of the CheyTac Intervention rifle which fires the .408 CheyTac round. It was featured in an episode of Future Weapons (Amazon Prime subscribers can watch that episode here, the rifle is featured a littler after 22 minutes into the video). The accuracy is better than the .40 cal you were thinking of, and at that range it actually has more stopping power then .50 BMG does. ;)

Falling Skies for now...

And if you need a Zombie killer you need this one.

M134 MiniGun

@Ron;

How'd you know the miniGun is one of my favorite weapons; there's a company (somewhere; memory buffer underflow :)) that fixed the jam clearance problem and made it several hundred percent more reliable - Don't know if the M134 was the one fixed but one of the cable channels had it as a segment (shot at an undisclosed location) that showed the fix, internal workings and a firefight shot at ground targets from a chopper. If I had ever been a pilot in a previous career tho' I would have flown A-10 WartHogs with that GAU-8/A 40mm gatling cannon.. Orgasmic...as well as enclosed in that warm, sweet titanium bathtub.. ;)

This season's FALLING SKIES is so darned good it seems as if the 60 minute episode is over in a 1/3 of that time - Gosh I wish I could see the whole season (this one with upcoming episodes) in one long session.. Also wonder what the skitter is talking to the kid (with the glowing studs) about..

And they nuked TERRA NOVA due to costs of sets.. (In fact, the producers of TERRA NOVA demanded, a got, a complete first season only because they demanded enough episodes to recoup the set costs to start with) Same reason as putting STARGATE: UNIVERSE in that limbo of an ending(?) with all humans, but one, in life support pods for the multi-million year journey between galaxies, just enough power left in the craft to make the journey as well as, of course, having one bad pod so one of the members (Eli Wallace) couldn't go into stasis leaving the possibility that if they decide to ever restart that series from where the quit they have two options for restarting; either Eli figures out something or manages to get help to solve the power problem.

Don'cha just hate getting into loving a series and having the rug pulled from under you?? (Metaphorically speaking... ;) )

CABLE channels are developing better shows than the major networks these days.. but not getting enough money to keep them alive. THE WALKING DEAD is one of those surprise sleepers that just hit an audience nerve. I *never* watched "ZOMBIE" genre before that series. Now I can't let go. Never cared much for "VAMPIRE" genre until the BLADE trilogy, and then Kate Beckinsale in the four UNDERWORLD movies.

Ahhh; the smell of Spaceships, Blood and Zombies in the morning.. :P

Steve

oh yea you can!! killed three last night!..head shots and then a 'flame thrower'!!

cooked em crazy!!

How about those two "Dragon's Breath" shells fired at the skitters in last night's FALLING SKIES?? BBQ'd 'em in a righteous manner, fer sure.. :P

Steve

The M134 MiniGun is the one that has been improved and is made by Dill and Harold, the one that was before that was made by General Electric and that one had the jamming problem....

Odd that there was no jamming problem when Ahnold and friends were cutting down the Jungle (handheld) to find the Predator. ;)

• 1 month later...