I have been having trouble with my computer for several weeks now. I use micorsoft essentials for my computer protection and I recently installed Malwarebytes to ck my system as well. It did not find anything but it does continute to tell me that it is blocking malicious software from my computer and the TYPE: is outgoing. I have no idea waht all this means except, I feel like I am infected with something. I have also noticed that at random times my computer begins to play audio sound bites that have nothing to do with anything...random songs, commericals even spanish stuff. Can you help me???? I have attached the Anti-malware log, the ark.txt file the dds.txt and the attach file. Thanks!

protection-log-2012-06-27.txt

ark.txt

attach.txt

dds.txt

Hello shuffdog and :welcome:! My name is Maniac and I will be glad to help you solve your malware problem.

Please note:

• If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here (http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/home). If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
  • I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
  • Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
  • Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
  • Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.

BACKDOOR WARNING

One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would advice you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the infection has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?

Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do? Part II

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.

Step 1

Please uninstall the following applications:

Ask Toolbar

Ask Toolbar Updater

Step 2

Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

1. Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
    tdss_1.jpg
  2. Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.
    tdss_2.jpg
  3. Click the Start Scan button.
    tdss_3.jpg
  4. If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
    tdss_4.jpg
  5. If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.
  6. Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue => Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
    tdss_5.jpg
  7. Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.

A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste its contents on your next reply.

Step 3

• Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Go to Update tab and select Check for Updates. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Go to Scanner tab and select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

Extra Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.

In your next reply, post the following log files:

• TDSSKiller log
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log
  • a new fresh DDS log file

• Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!