Malwarebytes 1.62 update rejects my license code

I did an update to the Malwarebytes Pro program today which required a computer restart. After restarting, Malwarebytes generated Error: 2. I closed the popup error message and launched Malwarebyte's manually. The update launched as a trial. When I enteredd my ID and license code, it rejected it saying that it is invalid. Well, it is the very same ID and code that I have used since I purchased it in 2008 so why does it not work now? i am copying the code from the Cleverbridge receipt.

I tried downloading Malwarebytes and reinstalling but it made no difference.

It now says I have 9 days remaining on the trial. I do have a commercial computer and understand that the Malwarebytes license on those must be renewed annually; however, this problem is with my family computer which is suppose to have a lifetime license. When updating to the latest version, Malwarebytes should not lose the license information.