Zero Access Trojan- Do not know how to remove it!

My laptop (running Windows 7 home premium 64-bit) has been infected with Zero Access Trojan (as reported by McAfee). McAfee detected it & mentioned the following location (c:\windows\assembly\GAC_64\desktop.ini). However it could not fix or remove the file.

The internet access got disabled. McAfee's firewall got disabled & Microsoft Security Essentials service itself has been removed & is no longer running. Windows firewall config has also been disabled/hijacked. I read other threads on this Trojan & first ran RKill & then tried using McAfee's RootkitRemover & Stinger followed by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Symantec's FixZeroAccess & Kaspersky's TDSSKiller. None of these could report anything or fix it (I ran all of these as administrator in normal & safe mode with networking).

Later from reading another thread i tried using RogueKiller (by Tigzy) to remove them. RogueKiller detected the ZeroAccess infection & showed a few registry entries & files. On deleting them as suggested & scanning again i did not find anything. Later a scan with McAfee also did not report it anymore. I also scanned with SUPERAntiSpyware & it also did not report anything except some tracking cookies which i removed as suggested.

However i am not sure if its been completely removed as the internet access is still disabled & i cannot enable McAfee's firewall or the Windows one.

Please help nail this one. I can attach the GMER & DDS logs if needed.

Thanks

Here you go......

Your computer is infected with a nasty rootkit. Please read the following information first.

You're infected with Rootkit.ZeroAccess, a BackDoor Trojan.

BACKDOOR WARNING

------------------------------

One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would advice you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the infection has been identified and because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063

I will try my best to clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards.

Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.

-----------------------------------------

Please make sure system restore is running and create a new restore point before continuing!

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

How to tell > 32 or 64 bit

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:

• Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

• Startup Repair
      System Restore
      Windows Complete PC Restore
      Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
      Command Prompt

[*]Select Command Prompt

[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.

[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.

[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.

[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter

Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.

[*]The tool will start to run.

[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

[*]Press Scan button.

[*]FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file, close out this message, then type the following into the search box:

services.exe

[*]Now press the Search button

[*]When the search is complete, search.txt will also be written to your USB

[*]Type exit and reboot the computer normally

[*]Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Search.txt)

MrC