Is a malwarebytes key for mbampro reusable? or the disk?

Guest MousePad

• Root Admin

The product is licensed 1 license per computer. You can transfer the license to another computer but you cannot use the same license on more than 1 computer at a time. If you want to use the Pro features on another computer at the same time then you will need another license for that computer.

Their are discounts for multiple purchases.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_pro

Guest MousePad

What if I reformat my computer or something, or got a new one, can I use the disk on the other one too or the disk stops working with the product key?

• Root Admin

The backup disk was only provided in case you needed the installer it is not another copy to use on another machine. That said any file on disk will become old very quickly and using a new version downloaded from the Internet would be newer.

As said, you can transfer the license to a new computer you just cannot run the paid Pro version on more than one computer.

Thanks

Hi, MousePad:

Your license is tied to the license ID and key you receive when you purchase the product, either online (as a download) or retail (boxed CD), rather than to the disk itself.

So long as you UNINSTALL MBAM and run the mbam-clean tool on the "old" system first, you can then install MBAM PRO on a new computer and use the same license ID and key to register it on the new system.

The important thing to remember is that 1 license can be used on ONLY 1 computer at a time.

In addition to AdvancedSetup's explanations, the following KB articles explain this in detail:

How many computers may I install a license on? Do you offer volume discounts?

How do I transfer a licensed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO to my new computer?

as does the FAQ topic- Section A Item #16 >>HERE<<.

ISSUE: I'm changing computers. How do I Transfer my License to the new computer?

SOLUTION: Keep a copy of your ID/KEY from the computer you wish to remove it from and you can run the following to remove it from the old computer.

• Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe
  • It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).
  • Then install MBAM on the new computer and Activate it with the ID/KEY from the system you just removed it from.

HTH,

daledoc1

Sooo I Remove MBAM, with the clean tool,

then the ID-KEY will be renewed so I can reformat my PC or something and use the ID-KEY again?

Sort of.

Please refer to the KB articles for which I provided the links -- they explain it better than I could, although they are basically explaining how to transfer the license from one computer to another.

Technically, if you are reformatting the HDD and reinstalling the OS, then removing MBAM with the MBAM-clean tool isn't necessary, since the license ID/key will be deleted when you reformat the drive.

So, it would go something like this:

(Optional: run MBAM-clean and reboot.)

Reformat HDD.

Then reinstall and update/patch the Windows OS - very important!

Then install and update and configure your AV - very important!

Then install (use >>this link<< to download the latest program version), register, update and configure MBAM PRO. You will use the same ID/key you used before.

Hope this explains it,

daledoc1

Guest MousePad

How can I reformat the HDSS or OS and patch the OS stuff so I can completely renew my computer like it was just fresh made with no effective viruses that are running yet?

• Root Admin

How can I reformat the HDSS or OS and patch the OS stuff so I can completely renew my computer like it was just fresh made with no effective viruses that are running yet?

Installing and reinstalling Windows 7

How to Do a Clean Installation with Windows 7

This will show you how to do a clean installation with a retail Windows 7. A OEM Windows 7 may have a few different screens than below, but basically the same.

Yes, you can do a clean install from a upgrade Windows 7 version.

How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7

Do a Repair installation if:

A System Restore did not help fix your Windows 7.

There is no other easier option left that can fix your Windows 7.

You DO NOT want to do a Clean reinstall of Windows 7.

You DO want to preserve your user accounts, data, programs, and system drivers.