shego

Windows 8 Problem!

12 posts in this topic

Hello, i'm a fresh Windows 8 User and i noticed a (for me very annoying) Problem (Bug).

I have deactivated the Option "Block dangerous Webistes" but in Windows 8, he blocks always "my" Websites.

What is wrong with MBAM?

Hello,

What, if any, did you do in MBAM?

What version of WIN8 are you on? the Release Preview?

What is "my websites" ??

Hello,

What, if any, did you do in MBAM?

What version of WIN8 are you on? the Release Preview?

What is "my websites" ??

Latest MBAM Version

Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit

My Websites? Thats secret ;). But these are Okay, but MBAM block these... :(

You can PM me so I can test on my system for a test.

I ask again, is this the Release Preview ?

Windows 8 hasn't even been released yet. You're likely using the Release Preview....

Windows 8 hasn't even been released yet. You're likely using the Release Preview....

The retail version of Wnidows 8 is released for Dreamspark users (Students) and MSDN users as well.

It's not released to the public until October. But i'm running the final version on my laptop, so it is available if you have access to one of Microsofts services.

The retail version of Wnidows 8 is released for Dreamspark users (Students) and MSDN users as well.

It's not released to the public until October. But i'm running the final version on my laptop, so it is available if you have access to one of Microsofts services.

I can confirm that DreamSpark users do not have access to Windows 8 Pro. Not even the server edition has made it yet. I've never seen a non Windows Server edition released. I'm a DreamSpark user myself.

I can confirm that DreamSpark users do not have access to Windows 8 Pro. Not even the server edition has made it yet. I've never seen a non Windows Server edition released. I'm a DreamSpark user myself.

Only Dreamspark Premium users get access, so if you are not a Premium member (This depends on how much your institution is willing to pay i guess) i doubt you have access yet. I've had the full retail version for a few days now via Dreamspark premium.

Just to put this whole things to rest:

windows8.png

I stand corrected. :)

I stand corrected. :)

Noted :). Although i thought all Dreamspark accounts were the same :P. It seems that isn't so.

Anyhow, so far Mbam has been working well on windows 8. I havn't run the protection module yet, but manual scans don't seems to have any strange behaviour.

So far so good.

I will go ahead and close the topic now as it's going off topic. If you need further assistance with a specific issue please create a new post.

Thanks