How do I get rid of Win32/Olmarik.TDL4 trojan

Dnas

recently my laptop has been randomly playing commercials and i can neither see them nor stop them. they only play for about 20-30 sec but it happens regardless if i'm online or not. i have tried several scans from Spybot S&D and it beta Spybot S&D 2, ESET and ESET online scanner, Avira, Superantispyware, Malwarebytes, and the closet i can get is ESET's stating that the trojan is there but unable to clean. After briefly reading another's post on the same issue, I uninstalled most of the anti-virus/spyware/malware type programs such as: Spybot S&D, Spybot S&D 2, ESET & ESET online scanner, Avira, and Panda Active scanner 2.0 prior to running DDS and Roguekiller. What should I do next?

Attach.txt

DDS.txt

RKreport1.txt

Hello Dnas and :welcome:! My name is Maniac and I will be glad to help you solve your malware problem.

Please note:

• If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at Consumer Support. If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
  • I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
  • Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
  • Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
  • Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.

BACKDOOR WARNING

One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would advice you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the infection has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?

Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do? Part II

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.

Step 1

I see you are running Teatimer.

I suggest you to disable it because it can interfere with the changes you'll make on your system.

When everything is done and your log is clean again, you can enable it again.

If teatimer gives you a warning afterwards that some changes were made, allow this instead of blocking it.

How to disable TeaTimer <== click me for instructions.

After you disabled Teatimer, download ResetTeaTimer.exe to your desktop.

Then run ResetTeaTimer.exe.

This will only take a few seconds.

Step 2

Please download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

• Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
    image000q.png
  • Put a checkmark beside loaded modules.
    2012081514h0118.png
  • A reboot will be needed to apply the changes. Do it.
  • TDSSKiller will launch automatically after the reboot. Also your computer may seem very slow and unusable. This is normal. Give it enough time to load your background programs.
  • Then click on Change parameters in TDSSKiller.
  • Check all boxes then click OK.
    2012081517h0349.png
  • Click the Start Scan button.
    19695967.jpg
  • The scan should take no longer than 2 minutes.
  • If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
    67776163.jpg
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
    Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
    62117367.jpg
    Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
  • A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Step 3

• Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Go to Update tab and select Check for Updates. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Go to Scanner tab and select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

Extra Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.

Step 4

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it on your Desktop.

1. Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator to launch the application.
  2. Now click on the Search tab.
  3. Please post the contents of the log-file created in your next post.

Note: The log can also be located at C:\ >> AdwCleaner[XX].txt >> XX <-- Denotes the number of times the application has been ran, so in this should be something like R1.

In your next reply, post the following log files:

• TDSSKiller log
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log
  • AdwCleaner log
  • a new fresh DDS log

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!