Unnecessary Startups

Nhackrulz

Hey guys,

Recently i started using Winpatrol. I found a rouge entry in secret startup

TITLE:- InnoSetupRegFile.0000000001

COMMAND:- is-NUIP.exe/REG/REGSVRMODE

COMMAPNY:- NONE

TYPE:- HKLM_RUNONCE

i suspect it too be a rouge programe, trying to create a rouge HDD space now the problem is that whenever i try to remove it it just keeps coming back..

Please suggest i have attached a prnt scree of the same.

post-118780-0-20806900-1348919600.jpg

Hello and welcome: :)

Not sure about this specific file, or whether these topics shed any specific light on it (same title, but different exe):

http://forums.malwar...showtopic=13590

http://www.bleepingc....exe-16618.html

However, a quick Google search turned up this:

http://www.pc1news.c...-exe-83816.html

You can upload the file to virustotal or jotti to check it against ~40 of the major AVs.

If, because of this WP detection or for any other reason, you think you might be infected, then please start by following the instructions >>HERE<< and then please start a new post >>HERE<<. A qualified malware expert will help you to check and clean your system.

HTH,

daledoc1

PS This is not quite the correct forum for this topic (it's to discuss a software product that isn't currently being developed).

So don't be surprised if a mod moves it to the PC Help or the Malware Removal section. :)

Thankx daledoc1,

The links you gave in your post where very helpful..

Apparantly i was able to locate the file location. and after checking the properties for the that setup. it was found that it is a malware bytes application and contains malwarebytes signature.

i have attached the screenshot as well.. thanks once again

Nh@ckRulz

post-118780-0-64891400-1348930911.jpg

Hi:

You're welcome. :)

However, please bear in mind that I'm neither qualified nor authorized to provide malware advice (I'm just a home user and forum volunteer).

So, I cannot say for sure whether that file is safe or not.

So, if you are at all concerned about the particular detection, then the best and safest bet is to have one of the qualified malware experts take a look at your system over in the malware removal section.

Running the requested scans only takes a few minutes, and the help is free.

Cheers!

daledoc1