Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70 Released!

Moogle

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70

DOWNLOAD: http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Alternatively, you may also click the Check for Updates button on the Update tab of the software.

New Features:

1. New program logo and icons

2. Heuristics for 0-day exploit detection now implemented in protection module for PRO version

3. Threats detected by the protection module are now quarantined automatically by default

4. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now shows Windows 8 START screen notifications

5. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now identified in scan logs, registry and About tab

6. More Tools tab enhanced with tons of new content and more to come in the future

7. Option to allow a threat to run temporarily (Allow Temporarily) added to filesystem protection prompts

8. Option to add a detected item to the Ignore List (Allow Always) added to filesystem protection prompts

Improvements:

1. Heuristics for detecting new and unknown threats improved

2. Scanner efficiency improved

3. Microsoft Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10 now identified correctly in scan logs

4. Help file updated to include information on new features

5. Better compatibility with many other security products in realtime

Please see here for the full change log.

Please let us know if you have any issues.

Thank you!

Thanks for the new version. There is just one thing I don't like about it. I can no longer use FileASSASSIN, which used to be part of MBAM. When I now click the FileASSASSIN icon in MBAM, Internet Explorer shows me where I can download this program. First, Internet Explorer is not the browser I usually use. Why doesn't it open the browser I always use (Opera)? Second, I don't want to download FileASSASSIN as a separate program. Why is it no longer bundled with MBAM? Apart from this, the new version is great.

Thanks for the new version. There is just one thing I don't like about it. I can no longer use FileASSASSIN, which used to be part of MBAM. When I now click the FileASSASSIN icon in MBAM, Internet Explorer shows me where I can download this program. First, Internet Explorer is not the browser I usually use. Why doesn't it open the browser I always use (Opera)? Second, I don't want to download FileASSASSIN as a separate program. Why is it no longer bundled with MBAM? Apart from this, the new version is great.

Unfortunately, at least for this version, we had to hard-code it to use Internet Explorer though we do plan to change that eventually in a future release so that it uses your default browser instead.

Regarding FileASSASSIN, we removed that functionality from the product directly and opted instead to provide links to it and other tools offered on our website. The built in version had to be removed so that we could implement the new layout and interface for the tab.

Guest Seagull

I have updated to 1.70.0.1100 successfully on Windows 7 x64.

I also want to add, I absolutely love the new taskbar icon and GUI, the blue and black colors are so much nicer to look at then the red. (no offense) :)

Thank you everyone at Malwarebytes for your hard work on this new update. It looks nice and is running great along side ESET Smart Security 5.2.15.1.

Thumbs up on the new UI - the colors, the logo, etc., especially the desktop shortcut. Much better represents the excellence of what's under the hood. I really was repelled by the former blood red design.

I had the same [minor, for me] IE-defaulting gripe as user Buddel but can understand the reasoning offered in the reply by Samuel E Lindsey, Product Manager; modification can wait.

Regarding FileASSASSIN: I always have had the portable standalone version anyway! Hardly ever have had to use it, thankfully, but it's truly no inconvenience not to have a duplicate module inside of Malwarebytes.

Nice evolution on the main product.

I would like to clarify something about this:

3. Threats detected by the protection module are now quarantined automatically by default

and this:

7. Option to allow a threat to run temporarily (Allow Temporarily) added to filesystem protection prompts

If I were using the computer one day and Malwarebytes identified a threat, would I see prompts to temporarily allow them before Malwarebytes put them in quarantine? (I'm thinking just in case it's a false positive.)

I would like to clarify something about this:

and this:

If I were using the computer one day and Malwarebytes identified a threat, would I see prompts to temporarily allow them before Malwarebytes put them in quarantine? (I'm thinking just in case it's a false positive.)

By default the protection module now quarantines detected threats without prompting but you may disable this behavior if you wish. If the option to automatically quarantine threats is disabled, then you will be prompted prior to threat removal by the protection module and one of the available options in that prompt will be to allow the threat temporarily.