pup.software.updater?

Hello,

Recently, after the routine overnight scan, I've occasionally seen that Malwarebytes has detected, and supposedly removed 8 potential threats. It happened again last night, and I've been trying to find additional information. It's something called pup.software.updater.

I say supposedly removed, because I just ran a quick scan again, and it found the same 8 potential threats again. Seems that Malwarebytes either thinks it's not malicious, or is unable to remove it.......logs show "no action taken".

I can't find much online, or on the forum, so I thought I'd post a topic and see if anyone knew what it was, and if I needed to be concerned.

Here is a copy of the scan results....suspected issue is highlighted in red.

Thank you....

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (PRO) 1.70.0.1100

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.01.01.01

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

Mike&Terri :: TOSHIBA-LAPTOP [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

1/6/2013 6:54:41 AM

MBAM-log-2013-01-06 (07-09-18).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM

Scan options disabled: P2P

Objects scanned: 213129

Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 35 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 6

HKCR\CLSID\{67BD9EEB-AA06-4329-A940-D250019300C9} (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.

HKCR\TypeLib\{A0EE0278-2986-4E5A-884E-A3BF0357E476} (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.

HKCR\Interface\{9EDC0C90-2B5B-4512-953E-35767BAD5C67} (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{99C91FC5-DB5B-4AA0-BB70-5D89C5A4DF96} (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.

HKCR\Updater.AmiUpd.1 (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.

HKCR\Updater.AmiUpd (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 2

C:\Users\Mike&Terri\AppData\Local\SwvUpdater\Updater.exe (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.

C:\Windows\Tasks\AmiUpdXp.job (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.

(end)

:welcome: I am TheDarkKnight and will be assisting you. Please ask questions if anything is unclear. :)

You need to tell MBAM to delete the entries it finds.

Please run a fresh scan. When it finishes tick the box that says Remove Selected. Provide the log in your reply.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!