Malwarebytes crashes and computer becomes unresponsive during quick scan.

Hi,

I have had a Backdoor Tidserv!inf on my computer. My anti-virus Norton Internet Security was unable to remove it so after trying a couple of related Norton extensions such as Power-Eraser and the Tidserv removal tool I downloaded Malwarebytes. After performing a quick scan and detecting a number of threats such trojans, etc. Malwarebytes successfully removed them and prompted me to restart my PC. After restarting I ran another quick scan however this time it crashed. I attempted 3 or 4 more quick scans since then but every time Malwarebytes crashes and my computer becomes unresponsive. Any help would be appreciated because this is really beginning to bug me.

Hello and welcome: :)

It sounds as if you are infected and may have traces of malware and/or system damage from the infection.

We can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum.

So, for expert help, please follow the recommendations in this sticky topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

The malware helpers will assist you with cleaning your system and repairing the damage.

Thanks,

daledoc1