dpwarb

Windows 8 Action Center

4 posts in this topic

My security programs are as follows: Anti Virus is from IObits Advanced System Care Ultimate, using the bitdefender AV modules. And my malware/spyware protection from Malwarebytes Pro. I'm running Windows 8 64bit Pro. My problem is that ACS is being reported by the Windows Action Center as an AV program, but Malware bytes is NOT being seen by windows action center hence it is reporting I have no spyware program installed.

Hi dpwarb, Malwarebytes has never been reported in the action centre so this is normal, you can tell the action centre not to monitor spyware applications if you are receiving the warning in the flag at bottom left. I would have thought that if Iobit was the Ultimate system care it would also include spyware protection and report itself in the action centre as protecting this area as well.

Hello dpwarb,

I also would urge you to Uninstall any IOBIT program you have. Not only have they stolen from MalwareBytes, but I just recently read elsewhere {at MS forums} that this "app" leads to update issues.

And IF you have used any sort of registry "tweaker", "optimizer", "cleaner" or registry-what's-it, please stop, and remove "that" "tool".

Lastly, with Windows 8, it is best if you turned on the built-in WIN8 Windows Defender. That is the antivirus included with the o.s.