Help: Compatibility issues with Bitdefender Total Security 2013

9 posts in this topic

I have two Sony Vaio 64bit laptops on Windows 7. I bought 2 licenses for MBAM Pro and Bitdefender Total Security 2013. My problem is that both laptops freezes when they are idle (no keyboard or mouse activity). I complaint to Bitdefender tech support and I was asked to uninstall MBAM Pro which I did and after that,things became normal, no freezes.

Right now, MBAM is not installed but I want to have it as another line of defense. Is there something that can be done to make them compatible? I asked Bitdefender the same and they still suggested not to use multiple solutions together with their product.

Thank you.

Oh, you're right - Mea culpa. :angry:

In addition to DHL's advice for setting exclusions, a few BD users have experienced some issues with MBAM PRO.

For example, see this recent post: http://forums.malwar...howtopic=122312

Problems such as this are typically unique to the particular computer in question (IOW the resolution for one user may not work for another).

And it will likely require a deeper look into your system to see what the issue might be.

So, I would suggest doing one of the following:

1. Open a ticket at the helpdesk >>HERE<<; OR
  2. Follow the instructions below to run the 2 scanning tools (DDS and mbam-check) and then reply back here to this topic with the 3 logs attached to your next reply.

Step 1 -- Create an mbam-check log:

Download mbam-check.exe from HERE and save it to your desktop.

Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file.

Please attach to your next reply the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop.

Then, if you can, please also upload your 3 most recent Protection module logs:

In Windows XP, these logs are located in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

In Windows Vista/7/8, these logs are located in: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Step 2 -- Run DDS and create 2 logs:

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop:

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once it is downloaded, you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please attach both of the following logs to your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    --->You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Thank you for your reply. I already opened a ticket (#317338). Hopefully a tech support will come back. Right now, I removed MBAM because of the issues I am facing.

Ok, after a series of emails with the tech support, have done sending the attach.txt and dds.txt files and analyzing the results, and the final result was that there's nothing he can do since the problem is with Bitdefender. Well, I have to uninstall Malwarebyte for now. I hope that there will be a solution to this compatibility problem soon.

That's disappointing news

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your computer freezing. Could you elaborate a little bit about the issue you are having so we can look further into the problem? I have a couple of questions for you.

• You were seeing this with the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO ( and the latest version of BitDefender Total Defense 2013?
  • When the freeze occurred, was this during the startup of the laptops right as it loaded into Windows or after everything had been loaded and you left the system idle for a set amount of time.
  • Do you have any other Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware program installed?

With your added information I can look further into your problem and see if there is anything we can do to help. :ph34r: