Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 Released!

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75

DOWNLOAD: http://downloads.mal...am-download.php

Alternatively, you may also click the Check for Updates button on the Update tab of the software.

New Features:

1. Added ability to scan within archives

Please see here for the full change log.

Please let us know if you have any issues.

Thank you!

Official statement of support for 1.75

We will continue to support version 1.75 for another year. There is no specified cutoff date at this time.

This means:

• We will continue to support the product as normal and help individual users with issues.
  • Version 1.75 Business will continue to be available/sold on our site, but the 1.75 Consumer version will not as this has been replaced by 2.0
  • We continue to encourage consumer users to upgrade from 1.75 to 2.0
Edited by AdvancedSetup
Updated with Official Support statement

I just updated the 3rd rig -- everything is working well there, too.

Great job, MBAM team!

I did notice one teensy, picky, little, strictly cosmetic, grammatical oddity in the GUI > update tab > latest news.

There doesn't seem to be an option to post a screen shot in this topic.

So, I'll try to explain. ;)

"....Once done updating, check out the beta of....." sounds a bit odd & awkward?

I might respectfully suggest something else, such as:

"After updating, check out..."

or

"Once you've updated, check out...."

or

"Once you have updated, check out..."

or

"Is your MBAM updated? If so, check out..."

or

"Once you're done updating, check out..."

or

something along those lines?

JMHO as the resident grammer/speeling/punktuayshun curmudgeon! :D

Cheers!

daledoc1

Hi when I click on update I don't get the latest version.

Hi and welcome: :)

Perhaps your updater settings aren't quite right?

Open the program from your desktop shortcut > settings tab > updater settings tab > make sure these are both checked: "Download and install program update if available" and "Notify me when a program update is ready for installation".

Then go to the "updates" tab > check for update button.

EDIT: Also, are you logged in to Windows with an Admin level account or limited/standard user account?

HTH, :)

daledoc1

PS Or, as explained in the original post, you can download the full setup file, save it to your computer and then run it.

Hi and welcome: :)

Perhaps your updater settings aren't quite right?

Open the program from your desktop shortcut > settings tab > updater settings tab > make sure these are both checked: "Download and install program update if available" and "Notify me when a program update is ready for installation".

Then go to the "updates" tab > check for update button.

EDIT: Also, are you logged in to Windows with an Admin level account or limited/standard user account?

HTH, :)

daledoc1

PS Or, as explained in the original post, you can download the full setup file, save it to your computer and then run it.

Worker perfect the "Download and install program update if available" was not ticked................ :D

That's weird!

On my rigs, I see:

Update tab: "Latest news: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 released! Once done updating..."

Yeap, I have the right one on one rig, and on the other I have...

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70 released!....

Even though both are running 1.75.0.1300

I just updated the 3rd rig -- everything is working well there, too.

Great job, MBAM team!

I did notice one teensy, picky, little, strictly cosmetic, grammatical oddity in the GUI > update tab > latest news.

There doesn't seem to be an option to post a screen shot in this topic.

So, I'll try to explain. ;)

"....Once done updating, check out the beta of....." sounds a bit odd & awkward?

I might respectfully suggest something else, such as:

"After updating, check out..."

or

"Once you've updated, check out...."

or

"Once you have updated, check out..."

or

"Is your MBAM updated? If so, check out..."

or

"Once you're done updating, check out..."

or

something along those lines?

JMHO as the resident grammer/speeling/punktuayshun curmudgeon! :D

Cheers!

daledoc1

You aren't a curmudgeon. It is awkward language. Fixing that shortly!

• Root Admin

@TNcat

This issue does affect some users but it was in the previous version as of about a month back that we're looking into. You may not have been on an updated version prior to this and why it's now showing for you. As soon as we're able to locate and correct it we'll post about or simply make the change if possible and send it out in an update.

RAR, ZIP, 7z, CAB and MSI and Self extracting executable (SFX) files being supported are: 7z, ZIP, RAR and NSIS.

I actually knew that before I asked my question. What I was wondering was why there was no official mention of what formats were supported in the changelog or the announcement post. ;)

I actually knew that before I asked my question. What I was wondering was why there was no official mention of what formats were supported in the changelog or the announcement post. ;)

Because we were hoping not to reveal all of the details about this feature knowing that in all likelihood, the first thing the bad guys are going to do is use that information to start generating archives in formats that we do not scan.