Hi again, everyone! :)

Given the recommendation received from this forum's Forum Deity, I chose to purchase Malwarebytes PRO from Newegg.

Prior to purchase, in this forum, I learned the Newegg product was a retail version supported by DSolutions website, not the Malwarebytes website.

After the install was complete, within a couple of days use, I grew concerned as the product from DSolution's consistently FAILED to update the version from 1.70 to 1.75 even though the Updater Settings "Download and install program update if available" and "Notify me when a program update is ready for installation" were both checked as shown in the Attached Imaged noted below.

After posting my concern in this forum, this forum's Forum Deity stated that I could "...update over the top with no issues" and so Installed version 1.75 from the Malwarebytes website "over the top" of version 1.70 from DSolution. Thus far, I an unaware of any problems or complications. However, until there is a newer version released by Malwarebytes, I am unable to determine if the Updater Settings are working properly - so I must reserve judgement until that newer version is released.

This brings me to the current issue, an issue associated with DSolution's FAILURE to support the product they received compensation from when I purchased the product from Newegg.

After running a scan on 31 May 2013, Malwarebytes stated I had problems associated with two existing files - FotoMixV9Setup.exe and ProduKey.exe - and according to the product instructions as well as the instructions on the DSolution's support website, I submitted a TICKET to DSolution's requesting review of the files.

http://support.dsolu...bmit/RenderForm

Well . . . it's been a WEEK and I have not received any correspondence from DSolution. Dismayed by this fact, I opened the TICKET at DSolution's support website and confirmed that NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE . . . the TICKET remains open without any DSolution's action.

Perhaps I am spoiled by responsible software manufacturers, including but not limited to those whose free anti-virus programs I have used for years. But it's been a WEEK and DSolution's :angry2: has FAILED MISERABLY to support the retail product they were paid to support.

If I had known DSolution :angry2:FAILS to support the retail product they were paid to support, I would have NEVER PURCHASED the DSolution's retail product from Newegg.

Any thoughts regarding DSolution's :angry2:FAILURE to support the retail product they were paid to support???

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

With kindest regards,

CurlySue :)

post-93144-0-37983300-1370598094.jpg

• Root Admin

Hi CurlySue,

Very sorry to hear that you've had no contact back from DSolution. I'll pass along the information to Marketing and see what they have to say.

As for a false positive or other issue you can submit it directly to us and we'll assist you. Basically we'll support you for just about anything directly here or the help desk except in cases of lost or invalid registration details from a retail CD purchase.

If you still have the log file and the files please post the detection log and a zipped copy of the files and we'll review it for you.

Thank you and again sorry for the issue with DSolution

Hi CurlySue,

Very sorry to hear that you've had no contact back from DSolution. I'll pass along the information to Marketing and see what they have to say.

As for a false positive or other issue you can submit it directly to us and we'll assist you. Basically we'll support you for just about anything directly here or the help desk except in cases of lost or invalid registration details from a retail CD purchase.

If you still have the log file and the files please post the detection log and a zipped copy of the files and we'll review it for you.

Thank you and again sorry for the issue with DSolution

Hi there, Forum Deity. :D

Nice to hear from you again, and thank you for your SUPER FAST response!!

>> If you still have the log file... please post the detection log...

I checked the LOG file tab and while there are several entries, not one of them details the issues found back on 31 May 2013 (as submtted to DSolution). While I cannot confirm it, I strongly suspect the LOG files may have been compromised when I installed Malwarebytes version 1.75 over DSolution's Malwarebytes version 1.70 - and I recongize you will state installing 1.75 over 1.70 should not have modified the LOG files, I have no other explanation for why the LOG files do not include the following critical Malwarebytes scan findings . . .

PUP.PSWTool.ProductKey

PUP.AdBundler

. . . associated with the software program files FotoMixV9Setup.exe and ProduKey.exe respectively.

>> If you still have the... files... please post... a zipped copy of the files and we'll review it for you.

Hmmm... how do I post a zipped copy?

I tried to Attach Files, but received the following error message . . . Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

Let me review the forum for an answer and get back to you on this.

Thanks again!!

CurlySue :)

• Staff

These are detected correctly. They are labeled as PUP meaning potentially unwanted program. Produkey is sometimes used by malware to steal your windows key. If you installed this on purpose and use it then it can be added to ignore list.

The other includes potentially unwanted adware. IF this is something u use and are happy with then it can also be added to the ignore list.

Dsolutions i believe only handles purchasing support( lost key etc) and not the program support itself. We support the program on here or our help desk. They basically just box the product and ship it to stores.

support options are here:

http://www.malwareby...pport/consumer/

• Root Admin

Hi CurlySue,

I'm getting clarification about DSolution as it appears that Rich may be correct. At one time they did the support and it was even printed on the box, but I believe that may no longer be true. Once I have confirmation I'll go ahead and post to let you know. Regardless though as I said before we will always assist you with support issues if needed.