sudopinion

Horst Schaeffer's software

6 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted (edited)

Can someone please explain why wselect from Horst Schaeffer's software pages is being identified as malicious?

http://www.horstmuc.de/w32dial.htm

Edited by exile360
Disabled live link

Hello and welcome: :)

Thanks for reporting what you think might be a False Positive software file detection.

In order to get the fastest attention from the MBAM engineers, please follow the requested steps in this pinned topic: READ BEFORE REPORTING A FALSE POSITIVE!.

Then, please post a new topic with the requested info in the File Detections False Positives section >>HERE<<.

The engineers will research it and report back to you over there.

Thanks!

daledoc1

I am not showing this detected with current database. Please follow daledocs instructions if you are still seeing this detected.

If it's the site being blocked (although it isn't blocked for me, and I'm using the latest database), please read and follow the instructions in this post and post the requested information in a new topic here.

Good point, Exile.

I may well have misunderstood the OP's request -- perhaps it was the website, not the software -- he thought might be blocked.

Thanks, too, shadowwar, for checking on the files.

thanks for replying! it is the file wselect.exe, not the site. I will read the guide on false positives and look further into weather or not the file is infected. Thanks again.