What Is SafeSaver 1.74

Well I was going through my programs that were installed on my PC. I found this unknown one called SafeSaver 1.74. Doesn't have a publisher or file size or version, it just shows when i installed it. Can someone tell me what it is? I hope it isn't anything bad. I've had it installed apparently since somewhere last year, 2012. I just now noticed it there. I hope it's not a form of malware...

• Root Admin

Not malware but perhaps a Possibly Unwanted Program (PUP) - I know I wouldn't want it on my computer but you might.

Safesaver

Safesaver is a brand new cross browser add-on that helps you to get the best online shopping experience. As soon as it is downloaded and installed, it scans the Web for the latest coupons, and discounts. Download this add on today and start saving money

http://safesaver.net/terms.html

It usually comes bundled with certain  third party freeware, or as part of an adware bundle. A full fledged install will include an IE browser plugin with a random GUID, and multiple semi-random filenames.  Variants were/are detected as  "Win32/Adware.MultiPlug" or "Adware.MegaSearch".

As AdvancedSetup already implied, you can certainly download it from their website too.  VirusTotal scan results for their current offering:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ec6ab9ce9f933e14f5d99ccd5ab673f739fee2e5032d21840f84a2643dbed140/analysis/1373180854/

In short,  it's strongly recommended you create a new post in the Malware Removal forum, so that one of the analysts may come to your assistance

Please make sure you read this first:

I'm infected - What do I do now?