Is Malwarebytes a subscription service? Are you satisfied with it?

davidmg

I am new to malwarebytes using the trial version and seeking input from any other users. Thank you for your time.

Hello and :welcome:

Currently Malwarebytes consumer version is a lifetime license and can be used on one computer for that license but it may be transferred to a new computer should you replace the one you had it installed on.

As for being satisfied with Malwarebytes, well I believe it is the best Anti-Malware program in the market today. This is my opinion as I am not employed by Malwarebytes.

Hello and welcome, davidmg: :)

EDIT:  OOPS! Firefox must have been a faster typist! ;)

Question 1:

No, for home use of the consumer version, MBAM PRO is not currently a subscription service.

For consumer use on home, personal computers, MBAM PRO is currently a "lifetime", transferable license, as explained here: What is the length of term for the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Consumer License?

For use on business/retail/commercial/enterprise/educational computers, licensing works differently, as explained here: How can I legally use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in my Business or Corporate Entity (including Government, Education, & Non-Profit)?

Question 2:

As a home user and owner of 3 consumer licenses for my computers, YES, I am extremely pleased with the software, the added protection it affords alongside my anti-virus, and the outstanding support.

I am a pretty safe computer user (and have never been infected), but the IP blocking module of MBAM PRO has saved my bacon on a number of occasions where the web filter of my AV did not.

It is well worth the nominal cost for the excellent protection against zero-day/zero-hour threats that are not generally well-covered by anti-virus programs, as outlined >>HERE<<.

There are many other KB topics that explain the various features of MBAM at the helpdesk KB section here: http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/home

HTH for starters!

Cheers, daledoc1

Thanks Firefox,

I have a new computer and want to keep it clean. I ran the full scan and it came up clean. Also ran rootkit beta also clean. Any recommendations for antivirus programs?

Hello and welcome, davidmg: :)

EDIT:  OOPS! Firefox must have been a faster typist! ;)

Question 1:

No, for home use of the consumer version, MBAM PRO is not currently a subscription service.

For consumer use on home, personal computers, MBAM PRO is currently a "lifetime", transferable license, as explained here: What is the length of term for the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Consumer License?

For use on business/retail/commercial/enterprise/educational computers, licensing works differently, as explained here: How can I legally use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in my Business or Corporate Entity (including Government, Education, & Non-Profit)?

Question 2:

As a home user and owner of 3 consumer licenses for my computers, YES, I am extremely pleased with the software, the added protection it affords alongside my anti-virus, and the outstanding support.

I am a pretty safe computer user (and have never been infected), but the IP blocking module of MBAM PRO has saved my bacon on a number of occasions where the web filter of my AV did not.

It is well worth the nominal cost for the excellent protection against zero-day/zero-hour threats that are not generally well-covered by anti-virus programs, as outlined >>HERE<<.

There are many other KB topics that explain the various features of MBAM at the helpdesk KB section here: http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/home

HTH for starters!   Not sure how this quote thing works, any recommendations on antivirus programs.

Cheers, daledoc1

Hey Firefox,

Which antivirus program do you use? I do not care if it is free or not. Anyway I type slowly.

Hello Daledoc 1 ,

Same question which AV program do you use. I am interested in personal recommendations.

daledoc1,

Nice dog what is his/her name? I used the quote button and did not know what it does, think I will stay away from it. My dogs name is Squirt she came to me with the name already installed.

Hello Daledoc 1 ,

Same question which AV program do you use. I am interested in personal recommendations.

Please see my signature block -- it lists the security suite I use. ;)

daledoc1,

Nice dog what is his/her name? I used the quote button and did not know what it does, think I will stay away from it. My dogs name is Squirt she came to me with the name already installed.

Thanks for the compliment.

That's an Airedale Terrier.

Best regards,

daledoc1

as for "which AV program" ...

to the best of my knowledge , it was decided (sometime back) that the "best one" would not be discussed in these forums ...

this is actually a subject of much debate and fraught with technicalities .

personal endorsements of products other than malwarebytes (and associated products) would stand to open up a can o' worms with *other* AV/AM companies , as would the panning and comparisons of AV/AM products .

(well , maybe other than proven out-right bogus/fraudulent programs)

just to clarify , malwarebytes is not an "antivirus" program as such ...

it is/was designed along the lines of "antimalware" .

• Root Admin

The issue is often that it so open to debate and some users come along with a vengeance as though trying to defend the honor of product x over y so that it becomes personal and then we close the topic.

All of the bigger antivirus companies provide a decent product. You can find tests from sites all over the Web that show x detects better than y and then another test by someone else where y detects better than x but a lot of that is due to the fact that there is no "standard" test to compare by as this industry is always in a state of flux due to ongoing daily new infections out there.

We are here to augment your antivirus and we've done a pretty good job of that over the years as our growth attests to. However don't forget that often a user gets infected from running old exploited code such as old Java, Flash, or outdated Windows updates, or clicking Yes it's okay to install toolbar xyz.

I don't mind a discussion as long as it has merits and is not personal. If someone comes along with a zealot attitude for product x then yes we'll end up closing the topic.

Hi mountaintree16,

Glad to hear you love it Because I purchased MBAM Pro today, I joined the club.

Off subject, how do I update my profile?

When I try to send you a private message: I get a "message from webpage" - "you do not have permission for this action" .

I have sent private messages to administrators.

I personally love Malwarebytes PRO, great program! It has never let me down and does an amazing job, I am very satisfied with my purchases of Malwarebytes PRO.

Also, how can you go wrong with a Lifetime license for only $24.99? Thats a steal of a deal if you ask me!

I am a Happy Malwarebytes PRO user!

Take care!  :)

When I try to send you a private message: I get a "message from webpage" - "you do not have permission for this action" .

I have sent private messages to administrators.

Oh weirdness.  I can PM YOU if you want, if you still need help.  Let me know.

Happy computing :)

mountaintree16,

Yes, please send me a PM on updating my profile. Thank you for your time, I am new to the neighborhood.

mountaintree16,

Thanks I see it been doing other stuff. Will use it when things slow down.

• 3 months later...

I am a long time Malwarebytes Pro user and use it with Microsoft Security Essentials.  But since Microsoft has decided to dump MSE I am looking for another AV.  Does anyone know if there is a conflict with Vipre Internet Security 2014?  I put the trial on one PC and Vipre said I should remove MBAM Pro.

Any thoughts?

Hi Bob2701,

I have no experience with Vipre. I have MBAM Pro and use it with Avast Pro they have always worked well together. Avast also offers a free version, you need to register the free version by sending them your email address then the free version is activated for one year. You can renew the free version every year. If you are interested PC magazine rates MBAM as the top (#1) product for malware.(2013) It also rates Vipre #10 AV , Avast Pro #8 AV and Bitdefender Antivirus Plus #1 AV.

Avast Free is ranked somewhere in the top 13 free antivirus (they do not give numbered rankings for free AV) try this link :

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/ppc-index.html?c...

OR

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp

HOPE I TYPED THOSE LINKS CORRECTLY.

• Root Admin

The top ten site is probably about as trust worthy as asking a Taxi driver what the best antivirus product is.

All of the major players in the antivirus market are so close to each other and there is no standardized test that everyone agrees upon so its always a mixed bag of results depending on who does the testing.

As for Vipre it should work just fine with MBAM.  If it makes you remove MBAM then go ahead and remove it then get Vipre installed and setup and then reinstall MBAM and go to the exclusions in Vipre and exclude the executable files or the folder for MBAM and it should work just fine.