AMb icon greyed out

Hi,

I am not sure this is a problem with Malwarebytes, but thought I would start here.  I have W7 and AMB pro, the last few days its been difficult to start the PC, can take 4 or 5 attempts to start.  I usually have 4 items on the system tray, but when I start I only have the NOD32 anti virus & a greyed out AMB, the internet icon is missing, the machine won't respond & I have to restart, as soon as I see the usual blue coloured AMB icon in the system tray it works normally.  I noticed that AMB is not in the startup list in System configuration.

Grateful for any help, it seems odd that the AMB icon is greyed out, but is this a coincidence and not the real problem ?

thanks

John

Hello and :welcome:

What happens if you disable Malwarebytes from starting with windows and/or remove Malwarebytes? Does the system performance increase and no more lockups?

Also if you could provide the logs below we can take a look at them see if we can find out whats going on.

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt

You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Thanks for the reply.

After I wrote I disabled Windows Defender, this seemed to work (& made it generally faster) for 2 days.  But today same problem back.  I have the logs you asked for, shall I just paste them here as I can't see a way to attach?  I then disabled MB & restarted but PC froze again & no internet icon showing, restarted a second time & working OK, MB still disabled.

John

OK I do not see anything obvious in those logs, however I do see that you may have a potential hardware problem with your hard drive. You may want to run some hard drive diagnostics to make sure your drive is not failing...

That being said, you mentioned that you are using EST Nod32 for your anti virus software. I know that there has been some issues with EST and MBAM running together. I think it would be best to contact support so they can help you with this issue.

As a paying customer, you can contact the help desk by filling out the web form --> Right HERE.

Our online experts will be able to assess your problem further - Thank You -