Duchess

Scan gives: The system inaccessible seems inaccessible or encrypted. Scan cant continue

6 posts in this topic

Hi

When I try to do a scan with the Anti-Rootkit I get the error message:

"The system volume seems inaccessible or encrypted. Scan can't continue"

Would anyone have any ideas on this?

Penny

I have a similar problem, though the message I get says that c:\windows\system32\drivers is inaccessible or encrypted. This is newm as in mbar has run before without this message. My drive is definitely NOT encrypted and the folder is read accessible to everyone. Why would mbar complain at this point? Presumably a call to Windows has failed - but what?

It's possible that the drive is using encryption and we don't support encrypted drives or there may potentially be something wrong with the drive.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Thank you

Hi! Please FIX this. Please fix it if you guys can. Im on an encrypted system, but im trying out diffrent anti-rootkit tools. And i bet your one is good! I get this error, but i would really want to try this one out even if my system is encrypted. Thanks allot!

I have noticed that in some systems with UAC is turned off it will display that message and you try running it as Administrator.

I initially received the same message "The system inaccessible or encrypted".  I disabled "Miscrosoft security essentials" and tried again..  it worked fine..