adoreexb

Over 600+ Objects found

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I had recently gotten a protblem with my computer where It kept freezing for few seconds and I get this error saying 'Windows Explorer is not responding'
So I tried Malwarebytes out to see if it could detect anyting to my surprise it had over 600 objects found. 90% of the items are PUP.Optional.Opencandy ; and almost all of it is in AppData\Roaming\Opencandy I was wondering if it's safe to delete these? Also Got alot of the PUP.Optional.TopArcadeHits as well.

I had attempted to paste my log here, but it's too long so I will attach the file.

Any help is appretiated! I really want to get rid of all these evil things.

MBAM-log-2013-09-26 (11-45-00).txt

The vast majority are Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs)

Please reference; Malwarebytes Adopts Aggressive PUP Policy

They are not automaticalled selected for removal but you can change that setting:

Settings -->  Scanner Settings

Change all to "Show in results list and check for removal"

attachicon.gifImage1.jpg

You may also choose to get one-on-one assistive help as advised here: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

hello, thank you for your quick reply, But because I'm not too tech savy I'm still wondering if I should remove the items?

If you did not intentionally install the applications or know what they are - yes.

Further analysis and "backroom" discussions show that you are pirating software and Adobe Creative Suite is not an authentic license.

Malwarebytes' policy does not support nor condone software piracy.

Reference: 

Piracy