nancyld

pup.optional wajam

12 posts in this topic

I have run 4 quick scans and I keep getting the pup.optional wajam...I checked the box and clicked on remove but it justs hangs there...doesnt do anything...never had this problem with malwarebytes...it always goes thru the process it is suppose to after you tick the boxes to remove the items...it just seems to stall out...any suggestions??  I have windows vista...32 bit......very frustrated....need help please...

Can you please post back the MBAM scan log.

Then temporarily disable your antivirus and run the following scanner and post back the logs.  Make sure you re-enable your antivirus when done with the scan.

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop
dds.scr
dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.
Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.
Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply as an attachment: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
  • You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file and just post it or attach it.

Hi,

It didnt save any of the logs from tonite so IM running another scan now...Im not sure Im understanding what i'm spose to do...what you posted but I will stay right here and post as soon as the scan finishes...Im not very techy...so please bear with me...

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2014.02.20.01

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Nancy Lynn :: NANCYLYNN-PC [administrator]

2/20/2014 12:55:26 AM
MBAM-log-2014-02-20 (01-04-33).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 210010
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 31 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 2
C:\Users\Nancy Lynn\AppData\Local\Wajam (PUP.Optional.Wajam.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\Nancy Lynn\AppData\Local\Wajam\Chrome (PUP.Optional.Wajam.A) -> No action taken.

Files Detected: 0

(end)

when i checked the 2 boxes and click on removal...it just spins and i get malwarebytes is not responding...

should I now go and do this...

Then temporarily disable your antivirus and run the following scanner and post back the logs. Make sure you re-enable your antivirus when done with the scan.

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop
dds.scr
dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.
How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.
Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.
Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply as an attachment: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
  • You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file and just post it or attach it.

Hi,

I really dont mean to sound dumb...I hope I followed your instructions right...please let me know what to do...your help is really appreciated...

attach.txt

dds.txt

No problem.  Yes you did just fine.  Okay well the logs are not conclusive but since MBAM did find some items it was not able to remove then best that you create a new topic in the malware removal forum and someone will assist you as soon as they can.  This may take a day or so depending on how busy they are so please try to be patient.

Create a new topic here in this forum:  https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=7

Then post all the same logs in that post and wait for someone to assist.  If no response after a day then send me a Private Message and I'll check on it .

Thank you

Hi,

I think I posted this where you advised me too...thanks for your help...is this pup.optional wajam  a bad thing??

Typically not all that bad but there may be something odd about this one that is somehow causing an issue removing.

Here is more information about the PUP designator

https://malwarebytes.zendesk.com/entries/23482988-What-are-the-PUP-detections-are-they-threats-and-should-they-be-deleted-

Yes, your link is in the correct forum - now just need to wait for assistance.

Here is the link to your post.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=142660

Thank you so much...you have been exceptionally helpful...just hoping I dont have to get another computer at this time..I alsp wondered when I posted my log if I posted any info that a hacker could use...like the administrator stuff....

No, you're fine.  I've gone ahead and replied to your other topic per recommendation from the Research Team.

I'll go ahead and close this topic now and we can work on your issue in the other topic.

Cheers