Database error

I had reinstalled windows 7 on my laptop and also reinstalled malwarebytes. I am getting a pop up window with "database out of date" error and clicking "update now" does nothing except poping the screen up again. I went into the main screen where the dashboard shows an error in "real time proctection" has a red error on it and when I try to update the database I get "Unable to access update server".

Tried with firewall disabled as well as virus disabled. I have no problems accessing anthing else on the net.

Thanks, Andy

Hello Andy and welcome aboard.

First, ( but only if the program is running) let's shutdown the realtime Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Go to the desktop Taskbar. See the blue-color MBAM icon in the notification area.
Do a Right-click on it with your mouse, and select EXIT.

I have attached a zip file which you need to Save to your system.

Once saved, unzip it to extract all contents.   which will be 2 files.
Next, double-click on **net_replacement.bat** file.
It should run fairly quickly in a command-prompt window.

I would suggest then a Logoff >> Shutdown >> Restart so that your pc is then in a new Windows session.

Once that is done, restart the Anti-Malware and let me know if it works normally.

Netconf-batch-file.zip

I am having the same issue.  I did download and save the zip file attached to the first message.  I ran the batch file which popped up the DOC prompt briefly and then it disappeared.  I also received a message about buying the product as it was a 90 day trial, which I opted to cancel.  I then shut down my system and restarted.  Still getting the need to update data base and unable to get the update.  Clicking on the icon within Malware produces only a blip on the screen.  I currently have the premium version of this software. Any suggestions?

Chris

Hello Chris and welcome.

A few suggestions.   Starting with, that you should not be piggybacking onto someone else's thread.  Each one of you can have just a bit of enough difference in  your configuration, that it makes things confusing to deal with more than 1 at a time.

On your "Trial" mode message --- you have to activate the License keys inside the program to unlock the paid ( Premium) features.

Now then, I fail to understand what a "blip on the screen" means.   You need to start a New topic for you  ---- and in there attach these report logs  ( produced from the tools).

First, please do a fresh Windows start so that we have a clean new start.

Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from the links (below):   Get the version that matches the _bit-ness_ of your bersion of Windows.

NOTE:  **How to tell if your PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?**  See this Microsoft article
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/find-out-32-or-64-bit

On Windows 8, do a right click on "This PC" icon on the desktop >> then select **Properties.**

Download link for **32-Bit version**: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/81/

Download link for **64-Bit Version**: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/82/

save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Double-click FRST.exe to run it.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press the Scan button.
It will make a log ( **FRST.txt** ) in the same directory the tool is run.

Please attach that log to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes a second log ( **Addition.txt** ).

(2)
This tool will collect some information on the installation of Malwarebytes and create a report I need to review: CheckResults.txt.
Download mbam-check.exe and save it to your desktop from downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_check

On Vista/Windows 7, 8, Right-click on **mbam-check.exe** & select Run as Administrator & allow to Run.
On XP,Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it.

It should then open a log file CheckResults.txt.  Save it.

Attach these files with your reply

CheckResults.txt

FRST.tx

Addition.txt