I think I might need some help... - Infected computer once more.

Hey... it's me again.

My computer is seemingly infected again... I cannot run Malwarebytes, that and when I ran Norton 360 (I didn't ask for it...), it picked up a couple viruses with it. The thing is, it didn't remove them, making them seem like a non-virus. Every once in a while, Norton has an error appear. Well... I can't run that piece of software either.

I think I'm in a bit of trouble.

FRST.log attached.

FRST.txt

Running Norton after a small reboot, and looking carefully... I am infected. Norton brings up with three, possibly more viruses - Backdoor.Rustock.A, Backdoor.Rustock.B and Infostealer.snifula.b, being the most prevalent. And looking from my FRST scan, I know that I have used Peer-to-Peer software.

Given that, I will go ahead and disable the software(s), and remove anything relating to said product.

Hi and sorry for the delay. This forum is very busy and sometimes we just overlook a thread.

If you still need help, post back here and I will be happy to help you :)

Naat

It would be appreciated, if you could help. As well, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Hi and I'm very sorry for the delay. I had a short-circuit accident which deeply fried my home PC's hard drive. As you may know, it's quite hard to run a PC without it :)

After some time, I'd like to see a fresh report.

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    > XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File.
    > 8 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please include their content in your next reply.

Hi :)

TDSSKiller_Kaspersky.png Scan with TDSSKiller

Please download TDSSKiller by Kaspersky and save it to your desktop.

• Right-click on TDSSKiller_Kaspersky.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Click on Change parameters and put a checkmark beside Loaded modules. A reboot will be needed to apply the changes, allow it to do so.
  • Your machine may appear very slow and unusable after that - it's normal.
  • TDSSKiller will run automaticaly. Click on Change parameters and click OK.
  • Make sure that Verify driver digital signatures & Detect TDLFS File System are marked and click OK.
  • Click the Start Scan button and wait patiently.

If anything will be found follow this guidelines:

• If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
    > Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
    > If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead.
  • Do not choose Delete unless instructed!

A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ drive) in the form of TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt. Please include the contents of that file in your next post.

Well, I don't see any rootkit signs here. Are the Norton detections still there?

remove%20outdated.jpg Uninstall some programs

We need to uninstall some programs.

• Press the WindowsKey.png + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
  • Search there for each entry mentioned below, right-click the entry and click Uninstall one at a time

The list of programs to uninstall:

• Advanced SystemCare 4
  • IObit Malware Fighter
  • Smart Defrag 2

After completing uninstalls, please manually reboot your machine!
The reason I ask for it is because IOBit vendor is considered rogue as it has beed known for stealing Malwarebytes'intellectual property some time ago.

gmericon.png Scan with Gmer

This type of scan often produces false positives. At any point do not take any action for any suspicious entries you may see there. Instead post the log to be analyzed.

Please download GMER by Gmer and save the file to your desktop.
It will come as a randomly named file (like a6ge38b4.exe) - that's absolutely normal.

Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.
If you are a user of CD emulation software (like Daemon Tools or Alcohol) also disable it for the cleaning process - instructions here.

• Right-click on randomly named gmericon.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • It is very important that you do not use your computer while Gmer is running!
  • Gmer will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan.
  • If you receive a warning about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system click NO!

When the pre-scan is completed, please do the following:

• Please check in the Quick scan box.
  • Please uncheck the IAT/EAT and Show All.
  • Click Scan.
  • If you see a rootkit warning window click OK.
  • When the scan is finished, Save the results to your desktop as gmer.log.

Please include the content of this file in your next reply.
Don't forget to re-enable previously switched-off protection software!

icon_idea.gif If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.
icon_idea.gif If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a Blue Screen of Death, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning.

OK, let's run these two for now :)

JRTbythisisu.png Fix with Junkware Removal Tool

Please download JRT by Thisisu and save the file to your desktop.

Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on JRTbythisisu.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Follow the prompts and let this process run uninterrupted.
  • This scan can take a while, depending on your System specs.
  • Upon completion, a log (JRT.txt) will open on your desktop.
Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

Do not forget to re-enable your previously switched off protection software!

Please also manually reboot your machine after this procedure.

adwcleaner_new.png Fix with AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your desktop.

• Right-click on adwcleaner_new.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Follow the prompts and click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Clean.
  • Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[s*].txt) will open.
Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

Hi and sorry for the delay. I had a working Sunday.

Some junk was removed. Let's take another look with FRST.

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    > 8 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please include their content in your next reply.

Hi :)

FRST.gif Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. icon_exclaim.gif
icon_exclaim.gif Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. icon_exclaim.gif

Press the WindowsKey.png + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type Notepad and click OK.

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please include it in your reply.

Can't find a reason why... let's try to amend the fix a little.

Also I will be unavailable till Monday/Tuesday. I will ask a friend of mine to continue the cleaning, so please don't worry :)

FRST.gif Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. icon_exclaim.gif
icon_exclaim.gif Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. icon_exclaim.gif

Press the WindowsKey.png + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type Notepad and click OK.

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please include it in your reply.

Hi and I am sorry for the delay, reality kicked me out off the computers for the last days. Hopefully I will improve my attendance now :)

If you still need help, post back to inform me and we will continue :)

Alrighty then. Well, it is okay that you've been gone; other endeavors get the best of us.

Anyway, I'd like to tidy up a few things, just to be safe. :)