MBAM 2.0.3.1024 - Scanner Failed with Error Code: 6

I just upgraded to MBAM 2.0.3 because of a failing to update database problem which was fixed. But now a new problem is happening. I have a Threat Scan set to run every hour and the last 2 scans since I upgraded have given the Error Code 6 pop-up message and the MBAM System Tray Icon disappears.

I am running Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit.

The Scanning History Log is attached.

Can you tell me what is wrong and how this problem can be fixed? Right now this new program is useless.

Scanning History Log.txt

Hello RWHarold and welcome back:

Please allow the dev/QA folk to have additional insight & clarity with your Beta1 release issue as it applies to your XP platform.

Was MBAM v2.0.3.1024 installed over the top of a previous version, or was yours a clean install after using mbam-clean-2.1.1.1001.exe?

Please read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs in a reply to this thread: Diagnostic Logs.

The 3 files, from Step 2, to be individually attached from your desktop are: CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please do not Copy and Paste them into a reply.

Thank you.

Hello Richard,

Sorry to hear of this.  I was just replying to your earlier post. here

Tell me, did you install 2.0.3 over the top ( of 2.0.2)?

Was there a fresh boot done before hand?

Please do get a fresh run of MBAM-check plus get FRST logs and attach in a new reply here.

Afterwards, I will guide you to a fresh new install procedure.

Richard,

Send these logs in attachments / next reply so that I can review.

form this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs

send these files

protection-log-2014-10-05.xml     
protection-log-2014-10-06.xml

mbam-log-2014-10-06 (10-30-00).xml

Send these logs in attachments / next reply so that I can review.

form this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs

send these files

protection-log-2014-10-05.xml     
protection-log-2014-10-06.xml

mbam-log-2014-10-06 (10-30-00).xml

Attached are the 3 requested files. The first one named Protection Log 10-5 is really 10-6. Please let me know what to do next.

Protection Log 10-5.xml

Protection Log 10-5 Correction.xml

MBAM Log.xml

There is a search-Conduit pest that I would like to remove;  using the FRST fix.

Close any opened program-windows before you start this next procedure.

Save the attached file Fixlist.txt    to the same  folder location where you have FRST.exe   ---- thats important for the Fix to work.

It needs to be saved Next to the "Farbar Recovery Scan Tool" (FRST) program (If asked to overwrite an existing one please allow)

Run FRST again but this time press the "Fix" button just once and wait.

When finished, it will make a log (fixlog.txt) next to FRST.
Please attach the Fixlog.txt  into a reply.

Have patience.   There will be some other steps after this.

Fixlist.txt

Take a good look.  The Fixlist.txt must be in the same folder location as the FRST.exe

Please move Fixlist txt to your Desktop -----C:\Documents and Settings\Richard Harold\Desktop

Then do as I listed:

Run FRST again but this time press the "Fix" button just once and wait.

When finished, it will make a log (fixlog.txt) next to FRST.
Please attach the Fixlog.txt  into a reply.

It is just not working as you described. I saved FRST.exe to my desktop, ran the program, and FRST.txt was created on the desktop as before. I clicked fix and it says file not found and FRST.txt must be in the same directory. Well both are on the desktop, so I don't know what is wrong.What can I do now?

Did you save FIXLIST.txt that I attached in my original post?
That is the one it is looking for --- in order to do the fix.
It has to have that name.
and looking now at my origiinal post ---- you did not download and save that file. Please go back and take a good look.

You were right. I did not save that file to my desktop. Now I did. I ran FRST.exe as you instructed and then clicked FIX. It started but then a doizen or so application error pop-up windows occured and the application just stoped. Now what? I just don't know wht else to do.

Lots of patience is a good thing.  I regret that FRST had a "hiccup".   Don't panic.  There are alternatives.

Infinite patience is advised.   And faith in this helper.

download  & Save ComboFix.exe to your DESKTOP

from here http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

Next, disable your AntiVirus as it will interfere with the tool and any removals that may need to be done.
If you are unsure how to disable those programs, see this link for instructions on disabling the various protective programs --> http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-center/virus-trojan-spyware-help/490111-how-disable-your-security-applications.html

Double click on Combofix.exe and follow the prompts. During the course of the scan your desktop may disappear - this is normal, and it will return.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please **attach** the C:\ComboFix.txt to your next reply for further review.

NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion.." and no programs will run - please just reboot the machine and that will resolve that error.

Didregard my previous message. Just out of curiosity, I decided to rust FRST.exe again and I clicked on FIX. This time it worked fine. I have attached the Fixlog.txt file below. What does it tell you. Is my problem now fixed or are there other steps that I need to take?

Thanks a LOT for all your help and patience!

Richard

Fixlog.txt

Attached is the ComboFix log txt file that you requested. What does it tell you? Are there any other things that I should do or is my problem now fixed?

Thanks,

Richard

log.txt

Please continue to have lots of patience.  There is not a single-magical-cure sometimes, such as in this case.

The Combofix run removed 1 temp folder and a leftover driver WISEBOOTASSISTANT.

I recommend you install the Release candidate version 2.0.3 which was newly released just today.
BTW, I am running this  2.0.3 version without issues.  And it will notify you when the next version is available.

Please follow the steps below to do special steps for a  installation of the Anti-Malware program -- over the top.

NOTE: **SAVE the downloads to your system first.**  
Do not "run" them while in the browser program.
When presented with the option to Run or Save, you must select Save.

1: Please do a Logoff >> Shutdown >> Restart so that Windows is in a new session.

2: Download and SAVE to your system the latest 2.0.3 version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below:
https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/2k4m6x50scjsiwm0mcrn

3: Now run the setup:
Double click on mbam-setup-2.0.3.1025.exe and  allow to run.

Have lots of patience as the Setup runs.
Then provide detail on how it went.

NOTE:
I would suggest that when the install is completed, that you do one more Logoff >> Restart Windows so that all is finalized to storage.

Presuming the install was all ok, at this point do a new Scan run and let me know the result.

While I was waiting for your reply to my above message, MBAM was doing its hourly Threat Scan and the following pop-up error message occurred:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: mbam.exe-Application Error

The exception unknown software (0xc0000409) occurred in the application location 0x6557527e.

What is going on??? How can these problems be fixed???

I would suggest a brand new and clean install. 

First, Close any open windows programs/applications with opened screens.  In other words, EXIT all.

Remember to do this on the two EXE tools (below)..... you will need to do a right-click on the EXE program  and then select "Run as Administrator". Please remember that as you go along and use these tools, each in turn.

Please follow the steps below to do special steps for a new installation of the Anti-Malware program.
If you have purchased a Premium license, at the end of this process you will need to reactivate your license to enable the Premium features. Please have your ID and Key readily available. If you do not have your ID and Key, you may retrieve them from this webpage:

http://www.cleverbridge.com/342/?scope=cusecolp

Please note you will only be able to retrieve your ID and Key if you purchased Malwarebytes directly from our website.  If you purchased a physical copy or from anywhere else, we will not have any record of your sale and cannot retrieve your ID and Key if lost.

NOTE: **SAVE the downloads to your system first.**  
Do not "run" them while in the browser program.
When presented with the option to Run or Save, you must select Save.

1: Please perform a clean uninstall before reinstalling the latest version. Do not use Windows Add/Remove Programs. Instead, please download and run "mbam-clean.exe" from the link below:

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_clean

2: After running the program, it will ask to restart your computer. Please allow it to do so (this is very important).

Next, repeat the clean-removal tool a 2nd time:
Double click on **mbam-clean-2.1.1.1001.exe** for a second run so that all old traces are removed.

3: Download and SAVE to your system the latest 2.0.3 Release Candidate version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below:
https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/2k4m6x50scjsiwm0mcrn

Now run the setup:
Do a Right-click on mbam-setup-2.0.3.1025.exe and select Run as Administrator and allow to run.
Answer YES when prompted by User Account Control ( Windows ).

When all done, I urge you to do a Logoff >> Restart so that all is finalized to storage.

Then provide detail on how it went.

NOTE:
Please always tell me the exact error message you get and the conditions of how it appears / how it happens.
It is so important to get details from you each and every time { and not just "error" or, <same as before> }.