Please help, Malwarebytes won't open or install.

Hi, 

I've been having some issues with my computer recently: it's been operating extremely slowly and constantly hanging and freezing. I ran multiple antivirus and malwarebytes scans and both would always freeze early on. I read somewhere that two possibilities are a virus or a hard dive problem, so I also ran a check disk since the other scans weren't working. After this, the speed of my computer improved quite a bit and the hanging/freezing also noticeably decreased, although it still does occur once in a while. I thought that the malwarebytes scan might work now so I tried to run it again, but this time MB wouldn't even open. I tried using the chameleon, and that too did not work.

I read somewhere on the forum that it might work if I un-installed MB and re-installed the latest version, so I tried to do that. Now it won't even install on my computer at all. When I click on the mbam setup.exe, a security warning pops up on my screen asking if I want to run the file. When I select "run", an error message pops up saying ""C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Temp\is-QCL29.tmp" Error 5: Access is denied."

So that's where I am now. I was wondering if anyone could please help me figure out how to get malwarebytes onto my computer and working, or what other steps I can take to figure out whether I am infected or am just experiencing hardware problems. Thanks a lot! 

Hi neeeneee and welcome to  Malwarebytes! 

Let's take look before we remove software or run any scans.

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.

Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Hi,

Appears this happen after a download?

Please visit this webpage and read the ComboFix User's Guide:

• Once you've read the article and are ready to use the program you can download it directly from the link below.
  • Important! - Please make sure you save combofix to your desktop and do not run it from your browser
  • Direct download link for: ComboFix.exe
  • Please make sure you disable your security applications before running ComboFix.
  • Once Combofix has completed it will produce and open a log file. Please be patient as it can take some time to load.
  • Please attach that log file to your next reply.
  • If needed the file can be located here: C:\combofix.txt
  • NOTE: If you receive the message "illegal operation has been attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion", just reboot the computer.

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!