Need help removing trojan.fakegoog

Hello - I need come assistance in removing a virus. Malwarebytes keep telling me I have a threat by the name of trojan.fakegoog. My computer runs terribly slow, my wireless is very slow, my browser home pages keep getting changed to a fake google site and programs keep opening on my computer. From what I've read this is a nasty virus. Hoping someone can help soon. Thank you!  -Jill

Additional information: Just did a Malwarebytes scan and it found 548 adware items which were quarantined and removed. However the Malwarebytes message box keeps popping up stating that it has detected malware "trojan.fakegoog".  I also have McAfee on my computer, it has not found anything when running a complete scan.

One more thing, after a reboot I get the error box for ChromeUpdate.exe that says "there is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into drive\device\harddisk4\dr4." And it gives options of cancel, try again or continue. I just click the X to close it.

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.

Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.