Error Restoring Files: Can't restore an item marked for deletion on reboot

I scan the computer and I accepted quarantine all the items found, now I realize there is a lot of programs quarantined even Office exe files,  any software is working now, I would like to restore some and test with another scan or another antivirus if all are really infected and if canno't be cleaned, instead of quarantined, but if I try to restore I get:

Can't restore an item marked for deletion on reboot.

I did the reboot, and the files are not deleted, and also not posible to restore (same error)

Any idea of why cannot restore or if could I do it manually?

Hello and :welcome: :

It's hard to say without seeing the scan log.
If you wish, please ATTACH the scan log as a text (*.txt) file to your next reply here in this topic -- instructions are below.

Alternatively, if you think you might be infected, then I suggest that you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

>>MBAM would not detect or quarantine legitimate MS Office files. So, under the circumstances, this would probably be the best way to proceed.

Thanks,
----------------------------

How to get scan logs:
(Export log to save as a txt file for posting in the forum when requested)

• MBAM may prompt to restart the computer after malware removal in order to complete the process -- allow it to do so.
  • After the restart, once you are back to the desktop, open MBAM.
  • Click on the HISTORY tab > APPLICATION LOGS.
  • Double-click on the SCAN LOG which shows the date and time of the scan just performed (or the one you are asked to post).
  • Click EXPORT.
  • Click TEXT FILE (*.txt)
  • In the "Save File" dialog box which appears, click on DESKTOP.
  • In the FILE NAME box, type a name for your scan log.
  • A message box named "File Saved" should appear, stating that "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click OK.
  • ATTACH the saved log to your next reply.

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue. Why is there no built in option to recover items marked for Deletion? I have to keep my computer running until I'm able to recover my file since I'm not willing to delete it. There doesn't need to be a reason for us to share application logs. If there is a way to recover the file then there is a way to recover the file and that needs to be shared before I go to a different anti virus program. This is absolutely ridiculous. I've spent several hours trying to save my file.

Hello and :welcome:, @SandroAvallone

I understand that you wish to restore from quarantine a file accidentally marked for deletion.

This page explains how to restore items from quarantine:

This page allows the user to view the contents of this quarantine, and to restore or delete files if desired. Quarantined files are shown in a table format, with pertinent information presented to help you determine which action needs to be taken. Each file listed has a select checkbox in the leftmost column. Check the checkbox to restore or delete the selected file. Please note that the Restore and Delete buttons are greyed out until one or more files are selected. If you wish to apply the same action to all quarantined items, select the checkbox in the table header and click Restore or Delete.

Please be aware that quarantined items which are not deleted or restored will continue to be visible here until action is taken.

You will probably need to reboot the computer before you can restore the item in question.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thank you,

P.S. I see that you have a duplicate post in the malware removal section & this particular thread is nearly 2 years old (based on an older, outdated version of MBAM).  The forum mod team might combine your posts or relocate them, as appropriate, in order to minimize confusion and to provide you with customized support for your problem. No worries, though.:)

5 minutes ago, SandroAvallone said:

Should I delete the post or would it get automatically removed? I appreciate the quick response. Been trying to figure this out for 3 hours now

No need to delete the post. All is good on that.;)

Were you able to restore the file successfully?

If not, it would help us to better assist you if you could please ATTACH the MBAM SCAN log to your next reply.

This KB article explains how to locate and export the SCAN log file: How do I access and save logs from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

Please export it as a *.txt file, not a *.xml file.

Thanks,