Malwarebytes Anti Malware compatible with Emsisoft Anti Malware?

Hey Malwarebytes members! My name is Jason and i been one of your fan of using malwarebytes products, i even have both anti malware and anti rootkit on my machine. But today, i come here and ask does Malwarebytes Anti malware compatible with Emsisoft Anti Malware 9?, because i read on your website that you state malwarebytes compatible with any antivirus, so i just making sure it is, and if its compatible how can i set this two running in real time without any conflicts? Thanks! 

Hi:

No two systems are the same, but AFAIK, it ought to be fine.

If you run into any problems, please feel free to post and someone will help you to sort it out.

Cheers,

Can you explain to me why they are not compatible with each other? Because Emsisoft state that their real time protection will work with Malwarebytes. Here is the forum i refer to >> http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/7427-question-about-compatability-with-malwarebytes/<<

daledoc1 did not state they were not compatible.  daledoc1 used a disclaimer that based upon the differences of computers one may have difficulties.  Not because MBAM and Emsisoft are incompatible, but because once a computer moves away from Plain Jane Vanilla to a fully modified and personalized system one can not guarantee 100% success.

daledoc1 has indicated that IFF you do encounter problems, there are staff and volunteers who can assist you.

daledoc1 did not state they were not compatible.  daledoc1 used a disclaimer that based upon the differences of computers one may have difficulties.  Not because MBAM and Emsisoft are incompatible, but because once a computer moves away from Plain Jane Vanilla to a fully modified and personalized system one can not guarantee 100% success.

daledoc1 has indicated that IFF you do encounter problems, there are staff and volunteers who can assist you.

Alright, but how do i set those two up so they wouldn't conflict or fight over each other?

Hi:

Can you explain to me why they are not compatible with each other?

I don't quite understand. :(
I did not say they are not compatible.
I said that it *ought* to be fine.

However, no 2 computers are identical (hardware, OS, software, peripherals, networking, configuration, user computing practices, etc).
So, it's impossible to predict with 110% certainty.
That is all. :)

In any event, the basic security software strategy is ONE real-time anti-virus (AV), either free or paid, running alongside ONE real-time anti-malware (AM), such as MBAM. (See below for other advice.)

MBAM is not an anti-virus (AV).
It is an anti-malware (AM) application.

Therefore it is recommended and necessary to have an AV (anti-virus) along with MBAM.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware is both an AV and AM.
So, it's *****possible***** that the real-time anti-malware component of EAM ***might*** possibly clash with the real-time anti-malware component of MBAM on any particular system.
>>>However, we do not get reports of such a conflict here in the forum.

>>>>So, to reiterate, it ought to be fine.
IF you run into a problem, you can post back here for help.

Most often, such issues are resolved by setting mutual exclusions/permissions between MBAM and the other security application.

Here are some other valuable resources:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM):

There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

GENERAL:

The complexity of finding, preventing, and cleanup from malware
So how did I get infected in the first place?
How did I get infected?
Answers to common security questions - Best Practices
List of well known antivirus products
Six tips to help you stay safer online

Thanks again,

Thanks for the head up! Sorry for misunderstood ya, now i understand what is going on. But i think Emsisoft Anti Malware 9 real time can protect me enough, even though i like to use Malwarebytes along side of it because of how wonderful it is, and for my knowledge no single software can protect 100%, so having 2 might protect 100%.

Hi:

Whoa!

I am having a hard time trying to keep up here. ;)

First, please read the replies above this one, from David and me.

Then, if you wish to set mutual exclusions between EAM and MBAM:

• The screenshot below shows an example (with a different AV) of how to set the AV exclusion in MBAM.
  • The instructions below list the MBAM files to exclude in your AV.

I hope this helps.

Thanks again,
---------------------------

Please exclude the following files from your Antivirus Software for your version of Windows:

For 32 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

• For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 & 8:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware \mbamscheduler.exe
    Note: If you are using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall, you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE and MBAMSERVICE.EXE from it as well.

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:
    data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

post-29793-0-80765200-1419866504_thumb.p

and for my knowledge no single software can protect 100%, so having 2 might protect 100%.

It is what is called an Asymptotic  Function.  You will get closer to 100% but can never reach 100%.

In other, more worldly terms, by using both you have a greater broad spectrum protection.

Thanks for the picture! Do i have to add Emsisoft components to the Malwarebytes exclusion as well?

Once again, in most cases one doesn't "have to" set mutual exclusions between the AV and the AM.

Some users like to do so proactively, to reduce the risk of subtle clashes or performance problems.

On some systems, it is advisable.

Once again, there is no way to predict for your particular system.

If both programs are running and your computer is fine, then there's no need to do anything.

If not, then please try the mutual exclusions, as suggested.

If that doesn't resolve the issue(s), then please post back and we will go from there.

BTW, are you running the paid, Premium version of MBAM, or just the Free version?

Thanks,

Well, then all of this discussion is pretty much moot for now. :)

MBAM Free is ONLY a manual, on-demand scanner that can remove infections that have already made it past your AV onto your computer.

Since it is not a real-time scanner, there is scant chance it will "conflict" with EAM.

Only MBAM Paid, Premium version runs in real-time to help PREVENT infections from getting onto the system.

All of the previous discussion applies largely to the Paid version.

Thank you,

Excellent idea. :)

I suggest that you might wish to take some time to read existing posts here in the forum, and the MBAM product documentation/resources, as most of this has been covered quite often and much better than I can do it.

ALSO:

You might also want to consult with the folks at Emsisoft, for their perspective.

Take care,

Excellent idea. :)

I suggest that you might wish to take some time to read existing posts here in the forum, and the MBAM product documentation/resources, as most of this has been covered quite often and much better than I can do it.

ALSO:

You might also want to consult with the folks at Emsisoft, for their perspective.

Take care,

I tried to create an Emsisoft account, but it wouldn't let me after i put the check to verify that i'm not a robot and then type in the word and after that i get proceed, and than is just tell me that what i type is incorrect.

Hi:

Alas, I'm sorry but we wouldn't be able to sort out a problem with the Emsisoft forum.

Perhaps you might try again or try a different browser or contact their support site directly?

I think we have probably provided enough information to get you started.

If you upgrade to MBAM Premium and then change your mind for any reason, you have 30 days for a refund.

Thanks again,

Surf Protection > New Rule and just copy and paste. Unless Emsisoft blocked it, you don't have to add it. That address is not in my rules.

Alright thanks! By the way i have one more question that i forgot to ask. Are you running both of them in real time protection? Emsisoft Anti Malware 9 and Malwarebytes Anti Malware?