Can't access Hotmail.com

Jamestec

Hello,

I've been having problems connecting to hotmail.com for my emails last few days on both of the computers (Windows 7 Pro) in my house.

When I try to connect Chrome(39.0.2171.95 m) gives ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, so does Firefox(34.0.5) and IE(11.0.9600.17501).

I've tried:

• Incognito, disabling all plug ins, clearing temporary files, deleting cache, clearing live.com cookies -> no work
  • Accessing hotmail.com when connected to a VPN to the USA                                                               -> no work
  • Uninstalling openvpn connect + restart                                                                                                      -> no work
  • New router IP for my computer                                                                                                                    -> no work
  • Accessing hotmail.com via a VM (Oracle) using old IE                                     -> DOES work, but I don't want to fire up an Win XP VM each time I want to check my email.

This is my hosts file;

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1       localhost
# ::1             localhost

# BEGIN section for OpenVPN Client SSL sites
127.94.0.1 client.openvpn.net
# END section for OpenVPN Client SSL sites

I can access hotmail.com on my android phone, but not on both my Windows 7 Pro computers. There was no major update/install that I did before this event.

When I ping hotmail.com, my computer gives 157.55.152.112 and my android phone gives 157.56.172.28, which both check out on http://cqcounter.com/whois/to be Microsoft Corp's server.

Ran a scan with Bitdefender and Malwarebytes, nothing comes up.

Any ideas why this is happening? :(

I too have not been able to connect to Hotmail/Outlook over the last several days.  I can ping both.  I'm pretty sure I don't have a virus because the second computer I only use for online banking and 3D.  I am also running Bitdefender.

Windows 7 home premium SP1

• Root Admin

Hotmail actually no longer exists. It should redirect to Outlook - Why are you using this?  127.94.0.1 client.openvpn.net

If that is commented out does it work?

I just went there with no issues accessing Outlook mail.

Please read the following and post back the 3 requested logs.

Diagnostic Logs

Thank you

I have had this problem for the last week also, and I have Bitdefender as well. It's been so frustrating and I decided I wouldn't stop trying until I fixed it.

I disabled "Scan SSL" in the Privacy Control Settings (PRIVACY) tab of Bitdefender, and it fixed the problem instantly.

So I'd take a guess and say it's not a Malwarebytes issue but a Bitdefender issue.