RubbeR DuckY

Become a Fan on Facebook

39 posts in this topic

Malwarebytes joins Facebook! If you are a member of Facebook, simply become a fan!

http://facebook.malwarebytes.org

We are trying to wade out the imposters that are already on Facebook trying to steal our name :P.

We are trying to wade out the imposters that are already on Facebook trying to steal our name :P.

OK, I guess I won't slap you with a good reason like that. But I will say this much:

Ick... Facebook...

I searched for Malwarebytes last night on FB and found a few pages but I wasn't sure if they were for real or not so I didn't.

thanks for the link :P

I have to go with GT500 on this one! :P

EDIT: ok... I'm in facebook under Yard Bird Just Fans! Navagation could be better on facebook website...

I became a fan!

However, I am really wary of Facebook right now ever since I found out about the Worm.Koobface yesterday and since I got re-directed to a nasty site when I tried to log in there (this happened with myspace too). the site was antimalwarescanner . com. I assume that FB had nothing to do with it but since there are so many users on the site it is a prime target for malicious activity, it seems :/

?

This never happened to me and I'm on facebook for months...

You tried to login on facebook and it redirected you to some nasty site? If that's what you were saying..

Almost impossible if you aren't infected...

I became a fan!

?

This never happened to me and I'm on facebook for months...

You tried to login on facebook and it redirected you to some nasty site? If that's what you were saying..

Almost impossible if you aren't infected...

What they are syaing is they opened a video message from someone, it contained a fake download purported to be Adobe Flash, they tried downloading it and got the malware. This is actully I found out about MB. We did a dance performance at work and several people recorded the video. The next day I get a message on Facebook from a coworker saying that I look funny dancing in the video (which I did because it was a comedy dancee routine). So I dowloaded the 'software' and got koobface. It was just a real bad coincidence at that time. Symantec didn't stop and although it found it couldn't get rid of it. So i found Malwarbytes on CNET, downloaded the program, removed the koobface and eberything is fine. The other day I got a backdoor bug which MB found and Symantec did not. I got rid of that promptly too.

Actually alot of face book pages were hacked and made to redirect to fake ones as well as emails sent out CLAMEING to be from face book filled with virus's a while back is very common. I didn't know it still was though. Like he said your infected not face book for the most part.

I've been a fan for a long time but now I'm a fan on Facebook.

ID: 11   Posted (edited)

Advertisement??? ^^^

Already taken care of - miekiemoes

Edited by miekiemoes

Advertisement??? ^^^

Already taken care of - miekiemoes

I will search for it...this weekend

thats how my problem started haha.. i typed in facebook on the url address and then my page went to google (google redirect virus). I clicked the first link that says Facebook "log in" (just like a regular search) and Boom! some ads popped up and Windows Police Pro started fake scanning my drives. >_<

woohoo :lol:

I'm a fan too :lol:

(and I stay far, far away from them Facebook applications, haha)

But I will say this much: Ick... Facebook...

Thanks GT500 - That makes 2 of us at least - Sorry if it offends others - :) Finally read your comment - :):D

Regards - :)

OK, OK, OK, Im a fan now.... LOL

The ability to become a fan of another Page allows Page administrators to clearly affiliate with other brands, businesses, and public figures. By becoming a fan of another Page, your Page will publicly support that Page," but it doesn't say how to make my Page a fan of another Page

I've been a fan for a long time but now I'm a fan on Facebook.

some may say that is all that matters these days. :lol:

Malwarebytes joins Facebook! If you are a member of Facebook, simply become a fan!

http://facebook.malwarebytes.org

We are trying to wade out the imposters that are already on Facebook trying to steal our name :).

I haven't been a member of Facebook!

Im now a fan :)