Become a Fan on Facebook

I searched for Malwarebytes last night on FB and found a few pages but I wasn't sure if they were for real or not so I didn't.

thanks for the link :P

I became a fan!

However, I am really wary of Facebook right now ever since I found out about the Worm.Koobface yesterday and since I got re-directed to a nasty site when I tried to log in there (this happened with myspace too). the site was antimalwarescanner . com. I assume that FB had nothing to do with it but since there are so many users on the site it is a prime target for malicious activity, it seems :/

?

This never happened to me and I'm on facebook for months...

You tried to login on facebook and it redirected you to some nasty site? If that's what you were saying..

Almost impossible if you aren't infected...

• 2 weeks later...
I became a fan!

?

This never happened to me and I'm on facebook for months...

You tried to login on facebook and it redirected you to some nasty site? If that's what you were saying..

Almost impossible if you aren't infected...

What they are syaing is they opened a video message from someone, it contained a fake download purported to be Adobe Flash, they tried downloading it and got the malware. This is actully I found out about MB. We did a dance performance at work and several people recorded the video. The next day I get a message on Facebook from a coworker saying that I look funny dancing in the video (which I did because it was a comedy dancee routine). So I dowloaded the 'software' and got koobface. It was just a real bad coincidence at that time. Symantec didn't stop and although it found it couldn't get rid of it. So i found Malwarbytes on CNET, downloaded the program, removed the koobface and eberything is fine. The other day I got a backdoor bug which MB found and Symantec did not. I got rid of that promptly too.

Actually alot of face book pages were hacked and made to redirect to fake ones as well as emails sent out CLAMEING to be from face book filled with virus's a while back is very common. I didn't know it still was though. Like he said your infected not face book for the most part.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...